Portland area

billohio6248

Apr 20, 2008
Cumming Georgia
I will be in Portland the weekend of August 1, 2009. I would like to do some detecting if possible. I know there are a few public beaches but am curious about some of the islands like Richmond Island and others close by. I also would like to know about State beaches and any restrictions there might be. I do not want to violate any ordinances..

I live in Atlanta and am coming that week for business.

If anyone can give me some information I certainly would be thankful.

Thanks,

Bill

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
Hey Bill,
Drop me an e-mail when it gets closer to your trip. I could turn you on to a few places to hunt. The beaches for the most part are open. At the state park beaches, the rules differ from beach to beach. Crescent beach state park, they will just come give you a permit. They will also frown on detecting around beach goers on a real busy day. some beaches like Seabgo lake state park, will not allow it in the summer months. But that is a bit away from Portland. Old orchard beach is wide open for you any time. Keep in mind also that no beaches here are like Daytona beach. Good rings and jewelery are few and far between in my opinion. If you want to connect with me when you get in town, I can show you a couple of safe, productive places to go.

Take care
Andrew

BTW,
try my local forum for more info.
www.metaldetectingmaine.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread