Anyone hunting Havre de Grace/Port Deposit?

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done some map searching and found areas where buildings were in the 1800's. Just outside Aberdeen, there is a building in particular that showed on a 1900 map...but is a field now. Went to the site today and sure enough found a foundation and building rubble. It was apparently torn down.

Aberdeen, Havre de Grace, Port Deposit....Lots of history and old sites up in this area anyone out there as well?

Brendoodl

Feb 22, 2008
My Md'ing buddy and I try to find new palces all the time, ifyou would like to hunt and have some spots, we would be more than happy to come up there. We are in Baltimore county so the drive is not too far.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody, I hunted in the woods along the river in Port and Havre De Grace. I never got lucky yet, except for newer change and tons of cans that got buried from flooding. I like woods detecting the best. I would like to give woods and fields above the flood plain a shot one of these days. It would be great if Bainbridge ever gets opened up. I had old timers tell me they detected it years ago.

pmorrow42

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also located relatively close to Havre de Grace and have a coworker that lives in that area. After some online research there may be some opportunities in a couple of downtown spots. Considering the history with the War of 1812 and such....might be worth exploring.

May 31, 2014
Port Charlotte, Florida 33948
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro / Treasure Commander Phil Robertson TC3X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting in Havre de Grace and Port Deposit

I am new to detecting look for someone in the mornings to detect with. I lived in Port Deposit most of my life. I can help with landmarks and such. Have not found anything of value yet. I did fond a Diamond State beer item from Delaware.

Diamond state.jpg Diamond state2.jpg

I have done some map searching and found areas where buildings were in the 1800's. Just outside Aberdeen, there is a building in particular that showed on a 1900 map...but is a field now. Went to the site today and sure enough found a foundation and building rubble. It was apparently torn down.

Aberdeen, Havre de Grace, Port Deposit....Lots of history and old sites up in this area anyone out there as well?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am new to detecting look for someone in the mornings to detect with. I lived in Port Deposit most of my life. I can help with landmarks and such. Have not found anything of value yet. I did fond a Diamond State beer item from Delaware.

View attachment 1003771 View attachment 1003772

Do you have a boat, or access to a boat? I have the location of a 1600's trading post and possible cache.
Frank...-

rudra7

Mar 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Havre de Grace trying to find a good dot to go right now!

I would look in the vicinity of Sion Hill / Mt. Felix. This property has a long association with some of America's most powerful naval families, and has been rumored to be the site of buried treasure acquired during the Barbary war.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really close. Havre de Grace was the site of bombardments by the British during the War of 1812, and goes back to Spanish days. Port Deposit has a long rich history also. The canals on either side of the river (Susquehanna) are neat. Remember, can't detect Maryland State parks.

JOFO17

Jun 20, 2009
Glo co
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every time I drive through Port Deposit on my way to kayak or fish near the dam I wish I knew where there was a place to detect. I'm an hour away if anyone has a spot and wants someone to dig with. I even have a boat to access remote spots.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Every time I drive through Port Deposit on my way to kayak or fish near the dam I wish I knew where there was a place to detect. I'm an hour away if anyone has a spot and wants someone to dig with. I even have a boat to access remote spots.

I arrowhead hunt hit the islands lots of trade goodies.

Nje

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in hdg too. Jmaschal lets get together

JOFO17

Jun 20, 2009
Glo co
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may be going on Tues or Weds to check out a marina. I'm bringing my detector if anyone wants to join in or can tell me a spot that's ok to dig. Is the old Naval center off limits? @Jmaschal....do you mean the islands in the river up by the dam or further down river?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread