Metro Beach in Harrison Township...

Mr. Morbid

Sep 9, 2005
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Do you guys know which day this up coming Spring Metro Beach in Harrison Township will have their detector day... I heard they have one day each spring for people to come out to the beach with their detectors... I've missed that day the last two years... I've been wanting to get to a beach in the nice weather but haven't been able too because I'd miss certain days..

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Thought the metro beaches were open hunting ,with permit,from Labor day to Memorial day??

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
The ranger station within the Metro Park.I usually get one to hunt the Kensington park.And I believe the same permit is good for all of the "Metro Parks".

OP
OP
Mr. Morbid

Mr. Morbid

Sep 9, 2005
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
jopher said:
The ranger station within the Metro Park.I usually get one to hunt the Kensington park.And I believe the same permit is good for all of the "Metro Parks".

Do I get to hunt the beach too???... Also how much is a permit???...

Lora the Explorer

Jan 21, 2008
Harrison Twp., MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I have hunted Metro Beach the day after Labor Day. I believe the park is open all year to metal detecting, except the beach. However, it is open the day after Labor Day. Not sure if anything has changed, since I last went. ::)

fatman4570

Dec 29, 2010
Detroit, MI.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Warthog are you still rooting around out there looking for someone close to hunt with? I am in Sterling Heights. Post me if you are still interested. Metro can be hunted in certain areas. I have an email from the director of parks somewhere I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread