Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 8.8.15 Hunt

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2014
    61 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wow yall did an awesome job!!! I would like to find out more about that "harp". Bronco, check the head Stamps on the shot gun shells sometimes you can find a date by researching the head stamps

Oct 2014
    61 times
    James and clad slad, man it is crazy that spot is still putting out. We hit it pretty hard before awesome!
    Clad Slad likes this.

us
    Mar 2014
    Gulfport MS
    Sold out...gone fishing...
    42 times
    Metal Detecting
    Count me in....I can road trip some too. Have had great luck in the meridian area years ago, found a few things at camp Shelby and would love to go there again, haven't hunted sites in the Laurel or Hattiesburg area though I have wanted to hunt the old Beverly drive in site.

It will be nice to hunt with a group...

Cecil

us
    Metal Detectorist and Adventurer

Jun 2015
    Southern Mississippi!
    Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
    279 times
    Metal Detecting
    How big is that brass harp?
    It sort of looks like a music holder for marching band instruments..

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Clad Slad likes this.

Mar 2015
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by muerte33 View Post
    How big is that brass harp?
    It sort of looks like a music holder for marching band instruments..

That's about the right size

us

Jun 2015
    Southern Mississippi!
    Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
    279 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by chacuff View Post
    Count me in....I can road trip some too. Have had great luck in the meridian area years ago, found a few things at camp Shelby and would love to go there again, haven't hunted sites in the Laurel or Hattiesburg area though I have wanted to hunt the old Beverly drive in site.

It will be nice to hunt with a group...

Cecil
    Beverly drive-in is being developed as low cost housing I think.

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett AT Maxx
    201 times
    Now if we could just get a tv show, so we could get paid to hunt, that would be the cream in the coffee. They are saying it should be low 90's this weekend. Anyone have a spot they are thinking about. How is the back Nick?
    Clad Slad likes this.
    The deeper I dig, the more dirt I find.

us
    Mar 2014
    Gulfport MS
    42 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yeah I had heard that...haven't been by there lately to see if they have broken ground. There is silver in there...if we could get in there without getting arrested...��

us

Jun 2015
    Southern Mississippi!
    279 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by redbronco View Post
    Now if we could just get a tv show, so we could get paid to hunt, that would be the cream in the coffee. They are saying it should be low 90's this weekend. Anyone have a spot they are thinking about. How is the back Nick?
    Not doing any worse, but no progress.
    Waiting on my COBRA papers to come in and then I may go to my doctor.

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2229 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    Looks like y'all had a good time. Hopefully, I'll be able to come down and attend a hunt someday!
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

us
    Jun 2015
    Petal, MS
    Garrett AT Pro - NEL Thunder, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
    53 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by muerte33 View Post
    Sounds like you guys did pretty Good. Unfortunately I am down for the count with a bad case of sciatica

Sure hope the back gets better, Nick!
    Stop talking about it; get out there and do it! There's history to be saved!

Oct 2014
    61 times

8.8.15 Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by chacuff View Post
    Yeah I had heard that...haven't been by there lately to see if they have broken ground. There is silver in there...if we could get in there without getting arrested...í*½í¸œ
    I actually hunted in there once, it was extremely trashy, there a lot mod melted aluminum in the ground from when it burned and melted the frame, most of the drive in
    was asphalt, might have luck skirting the edges where grass is.

There was another drive in in Hattiesburg, you can see what was left of It on the 1960 areals, it is just a grassy field now. I would give that place a shot. I am not sure of who owns it but it is directly behind the social security office if that gives you any idea of who may own it .
    Last edited by Jblack; Aug 12, 2015 at 09:48 PM.

us

Jun 2015
    Southern Mississippi!
    279 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblack View Post
    I actually hunted in there once, it was extremely trashy, there a lot mod melted aluminum in the ground from when it burned and melted the frame, most of the drive in
    was asphalt, might have luck skirting the edges where grass is.

There was another drive in in Hattiesburg, you can see what was left of It on the 1960 areals, it is just a grassy field now. I would give that place a shot. I am not sure of who owns it but it is directly behind the social security office if that gives you any idea of who may own it .
    There were 2 in Laurel as well on hwy 11 (off I-59) I think. One is covered with oilfield equipment now.

us
    Mar 2014
    Gulfport MS
    42 times
    Metal Detecting
    Great places usually is right up in front of the screen. There were usually kiddie playgrounds. Also around the concession stand.

There is one I hunted in Meridian years ago that was also the site of a big fair...either a state fair or a county fair...found lots of stuff dating back into the 20's and 30's. Place is fenced and for sale now. Screen structure is still there.

us
    Ray

Jul 2012
    New Orleans burb
    At-Pro, Fisher F2
    130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by redbronco View Post
    LOW 90's??
    The spot I'm thinking of is in Montana!
    Looking forward to meeting you guys.
    After Labor Day !!
    Ray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links