South Miss Hunters - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: South Miss Hunters

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    AT PRO
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Has a group been formed? I live in Petal and interested in a club in south Mississippi to MD with.

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett AT Maxx
    201 times
    No, we never were able to really get cranked up. Two of my TH buddies had some health issues that slowed them down. Always looking to find somewhere to try. Like the buddy system when you are in certain areas, never can be too careful. I tried a local lot last saturday, about 30 coins, nothing old, but fun. Message me sometime and we will talk.
    The deeper I dig, the more dirt I find.

us
    Sep 2012
    Mississippi, Gulf coast
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by redbronco
    No, we never were able to really get cranked up. Two of my TH buddies had some health issues that slowed them down. Always looking to find somewhere to try. Like the buddy system when you are in certain areas, never can be too careful. I tried a local lot last saturday, about 30 coins, nothing old, but fun. Message me sometime and we will talk.
    I live in Gulfport. New to metal detecting. Looking for someone who shares similar interests. Let me know if you get a group together I'm interested. Currently have Garrett at pro and hunt mostly beaches. Found mostly current currency. Up to 38 cents. Woohoo. .
    Paul M.

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    201 times
    Hey Paul, Always looking for somewhere to hunt and someone to team up with. Both my other buddies, have health problems, so I have been staying local in Hattiesburg. I just like MDing - schools, beaches, creeks, old homesteads, whatever. Like going as a team, cover more ground and safer in certain areas. We will have to talk and see what's going on, maybe we can try somewhere.

us
    Sep 2012
    Mississippi, Gulf coast
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    I agree on the "safer in teams". I've been kicking around the idea of creek and river hunting. There may be a pair of waders in my next purchase. Let's hook up sometime. I sent you my info in private message.

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    201 times
    Got your pm and replied. Like hunting swim holes too, always find a little something. Make sure you make loop of the parking areas, everyone changes clothes at the truck doors. Usually find more out in those areas. Like working these spots at the end of summer when it cools down. Nobody out there to slow you down and no bikinis to make you miss a locate.

us
    Sep 2012
    Mississippi, Gulf coast
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hah! I saved map locations of all local swimming holes but have not visited any. Would feel better going with a partner to watch one another's back.

us
    Ray

Jul 2012
    New Orleans burb
    At-Pro, Fisher F2
    130 times
    I' want in you guys! How many hours you have in now Paul? My first 10 hours in, my biggest find was poison ivy across the face.
    Ray

us
    Sep 2012
    Mississippi, Gulf coast
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm still green around the ears. Mosquito bites, pull tabs, and hub caps are my specialty. About 10 hrs swinging the detector.. Ups just delivered the ground shark lesche digger. Looking forward to getting it all dirty!

us
    Jun 2010
    Mississippi
    Bounty Hunter
    Hey guys, I finally managed to find my way back on this site. I'd like to get in on some hunts. I'm in the Hattiesburg area.

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    201 times
    Where in H'burg do you hunt. Been to most of the schools and a few parks. Have a couple spots I am working on getting the OK. Like having a partner in some areas, cover more ground and up the security. Drop me a line if you want to talk or meet somewhere and try it for awhile.

us
    Ray

Jul 2012
    New Orleans burb
    At-Pro, Fisher F2
    130 times
    Hey guys. Let me know if you two schedule a outing. I haven't detected in a few weeks and would like to spend a night or two there and do some hunting. Any time after the 10th. I'll buy breakfast!!
    Are there any decent bank fisiing spots near Hattiesburg?
    Thanks, Ray

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    201 times
    Now that the holidays are over, maybe we can get serious with the MDing. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle and do some hunting, get to know each other. The coast, Wiggins, Poplarville, etc, let me know how ya'lls schedules look like. MLK/Robert E. Lee day is coming up or weekends, just need a heads-up. On the fishing, Black Creek at Brooklyn is good, some of the state lakes are good. Depends on what you are looking to catch.

us
    Jan 2012
    MS, Lynchberg
    XP DEUS
    2543 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have been coming to this site for a while, but this is the first time i haved noticed this thread.
    I think i remember having read one of Broncos older posts about a****cus.
    Im from ocean springs and looking for someone in my area to hunt with.
    I purchased a whites spectra V3i a year ago
    My buddy i used to md with has 5 kids, a girlfriend, and has no time anymore.
    I enjoyed the buddy system for security, and also the motivation
    Im looking to meet some new people in my area who enjoy this hobby as much as i do.
    Last edited by bonepicker; Jan 17, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

us
    Sep 2012
    Mississippi, Gulf coast
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm in Gulfport. Started detecting a few months ago. Using Garrett At pro. Still haven't found that $500,000 chunk of gold like that lucky fellah did this last week. I'd be interested once we get out of this deep chill were currently in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links