redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got your pm and replied. Like hunting swim holes too, always find a little something. Make sure you make loop of the parking areas, everyone changes clothes at the truck doors. Usually find more out in those areas. Like working these spots at the end of summer when it cools down. Nobody out there to slow you down and no bikinis to make you miss a locate.

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hah! I saved map locations of all local swimming holes but have not visited any. Would feel better going with a partner to watch one another's back.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I' want in you guys! How many hours you have in now Paul? My first 10 hours in, my biggest find was poison ivy across the face.
Ray

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still green around the ears. Mosquito bites, pull tabs, and hub caps are my specialty. About 10 hrs swinging the detector.. Ups just delivered the ground shark lesche digger. Looking forward to getting it all dirty!

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in H'burg do you hunt. Been to most of the schools and a few parks. Have a couple spots I am working on getting the OK. Like having a partner in some areas, cover more ground and up the security. Drop me a line if you want to talk or meet somewhere and try it for awhile.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. Let me know if you two schedule a outing. I haven't detected in a few weeks and would like to spend a night or two there and do some hunting. Any time after the 10th. I'll buy breakfast!!
Are there any decent bank fisiing spots near Hattiesburg?
Thanks, Ray

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the holidays are over, maybe we can get serious with the MDing. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle and do some hunting, get to know each other. The coast, Wiggins, Poplarville, etc, let me know how ya'lls schedules look like. MLK/Robert E. Lee day is coming up or weekends, just need a heads-up. On the fishing, Black Creek at Brooklyn is good, some of the state lakes are good. Depends on what you are looking to catch.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been coming to this site for a while, but this is the first time i haved noticed this thread.
I think i remember having read one of Broncos older posts about a****cus.
Im from ocean springs and looking for someone in my area to hunt with.
I purchased a whites spectra V3i a year ago
My buddy i used to md with has 5 kids, a girlfriend, and has no time anymore.
I enjoyed the buddy system for security, and also the motivation
Im looking to meet some new people in my area who enjoy this hobby as much as i do.

Last edited:

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Gulfport. Started detecting a few months ago. Using Garrett At pro. Still haven't found that $500,000 chunk of gold like that lucky fellah did this last week. I'd be interested once we get out of this deep chill were currently in.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This weather is for the birds. Will be sunny this weekend, but chilly nonetheless. My buddy that quit on me has the AT Pro. He found gold with it once. How is it treating you?
I like the idea that its waterproof. I also have an older Fisher aquanaut that is waterproof, been wanting to get put it to test, but its just a beep dig machine.
I havent really wanted to use it, because the v3i has spoiled me with the color screen, target icons, and tone id.
Maybe we can get up sometime. I will send you a message.
I see you have been at it for a few months now. any old coins yet?

Last edited:

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted the minelab that came out a few months ago. Had other things that were more important that we've had to spend money on. I'm an electronics geek. The more toys the better. I like the color screen and better discrimination of that model. But I'll live with the At pro. It's light and has the best of both worlds I suppose. Still haven't found any gold. The cold season came in and I've not had enough opportunity to be in the right place at the right time I guess.
Nice talking to you. Maybe in a few months we can hook up.
As far as old coins I've got an Indian head nickel and a few old wheat pennies. Nothing worth much.
Take care!

Last edited:
OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is February shaping up. I am still interested in meeting up, so let me know if you have some free time. Thinking about trying to start a group, might help get some more folks involved and be able to find some good hunting spots. Give me some feedback. .

Attachments

• SMRH.jpg
    SMRH.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
Just found this thread. I just got a v3i a week ago and I'm ready to get out and get some time in with it. I'm only off on Sunday usually. Pascagoula area

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DD, good to have you aboard. Looks like we have several folks in the south miss/LA area that want to get something going on. I know is hard to get a time and place where everyone can get together but if ya'll are willing, I am all for it. If anyone has some dates to throw out there, lets see if we can set up a place to hunt.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, do a search on "Mississippi Roll Call." I started that post not long ago. Say hi and check out the other fellas from the Great State of Mississippi!

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys Kevin from natchez,ms here. I would love to get together for a hunt, I know paulm777 or paul. I have actually helped him a bit in the past. I would love to get together on a big hunt, let me know something.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be great if we could get a crew together and try some places. We are so spread out but don't mind driving for a minute or two. If anyone has some ideas, throw them at us. There has got to be some good ground in the middle somewhere.

gsm45

Mar 21, 2013
Petal, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found this thread! Petal, Ms here and interested in the group. Fairly new to it but enjoy it and researching the history of the area. If yall are still considering forming a group or having a hunt give me a yell please.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gsm, always looking for some where to go and people to go with. Went to Purvis Saturday morning for awhile, a few coins and two rings, one sterling silver. Working on a couple of spots, would be good to have a buddy to cover more area and add security. I will send you a PM so we can talk. Maybe after Easter we can set something up. Been working some local school/playgrounds with some success but would love to hit some of the older home places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread