stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 417 RELIC HUNTERS

I was at the MSU game last night so missed the meeting. I just saw where Ron Bunch is part of your club. I met Ron back in the 70's when I would hang out at Tom Bussells detector shop on glenstone. We even did some hunting together back then. I look forward to renewing our friendship soon....Steve Snowden

OP
OP
livetoplay804

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Our little club is really coming along! Next month our training involves sweep speeds and patterns and head phone use. As soon as the weather breaks we are planning a club hunt (no prizes, just an outing) and more training in our test area!

In the future (as summer rolls along) we hope to really take advantage of the daylight during meeting nights and do some serious field testing and training for new members.

Should be lots of fun!

Steve...good to hear from you again. Ron is simply the best! He is by far the best researcher I have ever seen!

Attachments

• Meeting Pics 008.jpg
    Meeting Pics 008.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,871
  • Meeting Pics 008.jpg
    Meeting Pics 008.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,828

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey guys, I stopped last night and got permission to hunt a very old farmhouse that they are getting ready to tear down Sunday in order to build a new subdivision. Only found one two ringer bullet before it got dark, but the site is so big it will produce more.
The superintendent honked at me and called me over. He then told me this story. ' In November they were tearing down a old house on Scenic North of Sunshine. He was walking around the freshly bulldozed house with a city employee and looked down on the ground and found three silver dollars. Later on that day the city employee returned with a metal detector. The superintendent approached him and was going to ask him to leave when they both looked down at the ground at the same time and saw a broken fruit jar with silver dollars spilling out all over. They asked each other how they were going to split it and they decided "JUST TO GO FOR IT" and both filled their pockets until all was gone. The superintendent said that they hauled the debris back to their dump site and were still finding silver dollars. He never did know if the jar or jars were in the house or buried in the ground.
Guys I share this because I want you to know that it is still out there to be found! It's just a matte of getting your coil over it. Take care and I hope to meet you all soon.....Steve

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats what I call a inspirational story! Steve, I hope we see you at the next 417 meeting. Tsgman

OP
OP
livetoplay804

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Our next meeting is 3/6/2007. We have a little bit of old business to discuss, then Steve Russell finishes his series on Metal Detecting 101 with Sweep Patterns, Head Phones and Pin Pointers.

Hope everyone can attend!

Chris

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Todays finds, it was tough, 27 degress, blowin winds that stung your face. I managed a few finds in only 45 minutes or so.

Attachments

• finds with Sargent Lowe.jpg
    finds with Sargent Lowe.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 2,937
OP
OP
livetoplay804

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Nothing like hearing the sound of a big caliber bullet in the headphones.

Sure wish I had time to get out like you TIM. Congrats buddy, see you Tuesday!

Chris

brnt_amrcan

Greenie
Apr 17, 2007
Joplin,MO

I live in joplin,mo. My grandpa told me a story of my grandma cousin. He was a
scuba diver for the navy, an told my grandpa one night that he had found a cave
inside Grand Lake in OK. , He said there were silver bars inside it. An that he could
not get them out by his self. He never did tell my grandpa the real location in Grand
Lake. I was wondering if anyone has read anything about that area or knows anything
about it.

Thanks for any help you can give

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go Larry, man He is a really great guy, and a great detectorist as well. See you at the next club meeting Larry! Tsgman

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Tim, this Buckeye sure would like to join your club, but I think it might be
a long drive to the meetings. LOL

You sure look like you have a great time at your meetings. Sure wish I could come out
and hunt with you guys sometime.

HH to all of you, Ringfinder ( Denny Morrison, Bluffton, Ohio )

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing. Well done.

RedneckRider

Jun 25, 2012
Hello out there. My name is Jim and my wife and I are just beginning the adventures of treasure hunting. We live in the Marshfield area and wondering if this club is still active and if so when and where are the meetings.

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does this club still exist? ???

Pretty sure it does, look up SW Missouri Metal Detecting on Facebook and message Tim

I'm not a member just know about them

Fubar

Apr 25, 2017
SWMO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty sure it does, look up SW Missouri Metal Detecting on Facebook and message Tim

I'm not a member just know about them

Thanks for the info! I just found out 417 Relic Hunters changed their name to; 24th State Relic Recovery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread