Hellooooo Cleveland!

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
i live on the west side, haven't been out in so long though. work and stuff keeps me busy....lincoln park, down around tremont and w10 or so is good spot, lots of old coin, just don't be there after dark....

OP
OP
mellowcheddar

mellowcheddar

Aug 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
In the spirit of bumping, as we say on another chat board... ;) I do know this post is old as old can be.

Well I'm East side (if I didn't say that) down here in North Collinwood, but if you want to hook up, e-mail me, I don't think I even noticed anybody returned my post! I have a hoopty little Bounty Hunter I got for free, but it's an interesting hobby all the same. My hubby always says he'll tag along with me but he's not into MD'ing, so how in the heck is he going to keep busy while I fritter away 2 or 3 hours at a time?
My theory is that people are a lot less likely to screw with you if you're alone. I've torn up Euclid Beach from top to bottom with no good pops, bunch of pennies on the old Villa- Angela campus and all the crap I found in my front yard when I moved back in.
I've got the jones, though, so I suspect I'll be getting off my dupa sooner or later. Hope to hear back from you.
Cheers!
~mellowcheddar~

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LETS ALL LAUGH SO IT CAN BE HEARD
ba
ba ba
baboom

ITS THE BEER BARREL POLCKA

R

Radzyn

Hey, I'm a west-sider. Livin in lakewood. My job's part time, but we can get really busy sometimes. I've never been TH, but I'm working on getting a metal detector and I'm hoping to be out there searching by next week.

OP
OP
mellowcheddar

mellowcheddar

Aug 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Nah, I'm on the lower East side. Mostly been poking around the Metroparks but am going to start hitting local parks in the spring, if this &#%@^#* weather ever clears up! Got a new machine and everything... *grumble gripe moan*

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,
I used to live in Cleveland over 20 years ago and if I was there today I would like to hunt where League Park used to be. That's where the Cleveland " Spiders " played. It is also where the Indians started and where Shoeless Joe jackson played.. Might not be anything there... but ya never know...

PLL

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was east of downtown along the shoreline around Lexington and 66th. Just Google "League park Cleveland " and there are a ton of sites on it.. Read the history for some background, and you'll find some GREAT stories...

PLL

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
I would think down in the flats, or around the lakeshore where people used to go swimming back in the 30's. If you go to Case Western Library ( where they have all the genelogical stuff ) there is a TON of great pixs of Cleveland back in the early 1900's. Look for old pictorial history books at Barnes and Noble ( look for the local interest section ). Check your local library and see where to start looking. I used to live on the westside by Fulton and Dennison. There is a back entrance to thre zoo there and when you go down the curvy hill ( used to be brick ) there is a ballfield to the right of the road. My grandmother used to watch games ther back in the 50's and up. At the top of the hill was a hotdog guy ( and I/m sure there would be some coins there ). Down in the park ther is a old train we used to climb on as kids, check around there as well. If you're not to worried go to the old cemetery downtown ( we were told as kids that the last Indian in Cleveland is buried there - just after they hung him ). Try these out first and see if you find anything worthwhile...

Keep me posted
PLL

OP
OP
mellowcheddar

mellowcheddar

Aug 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I live within walking distance of Euclid Beach and the old Villa Angela campus. I know there's 1 guy who hits the beach every day and 1 dude who hits the Villa Angela section regularly.
I want to get into the yards of some of these foreclosed homes. If I had a buddy I know we could probably just get diggin' lots of places around here, nobody's going to call the cops on us- and if they do we'll just get the shoo-off so long as we're in Cleveland proper. Some fly-by-night liquidation bank isn't going to give a flying fig, we're not stealing the copper or using it as a crack house. I'm on the West Side every other Tuesday anyhow- want to meet up? PM me if you're interested. (This Tuesday is probably a no-go unless you want to meet over here since I have previous engagements.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread