NE Oregon Detecting & Treasure Hunting - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: NE Oregon Detecting & Treasure Hunting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    BikerDude

Sep 2006
    Idaho
    White's MXT

Eastern Oregon Detecting

Of interest there is an organization EOMP--Eastern Oregon Miners and Prospectors. Tried to find something online for them but you basically end up with the Baker Chamber of Commerce. They don't even have a phone number for the organization, but will mail out an application to fill out if you wish to join. Apparently it costs $50 to join, and they are reported to have seven or eight claims members can use.
    However, it would sure be nice to speak to a real person about the organization. Anyone out there belong, or have a name/phone number for the President of EOMP??
    BikerDude.
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "HOLY CRAP...WHAT A GREAT RIDE!!!!!"

Nov 2006
    New York
    Xterra 30, Sov GT
    1 times

Re: NE Oregon Detecting & Treasure Hunting

Hi
    Wow people do metal detect in oregon! Im here in La Grande not to far from some of you guys or gals. As far as the post for the claims in baker im not sure about that company but i have heard that you really gotta be careful about what business you hook up with. Anyways hope to hear from some of you.

May 2006
    Oregon
    Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
    12 times

I'm a bit North of Eugene and a total novice with my detector. I've tried contacting the Albany group a couple times w/out any luck. Anyway, wouldn't mind meeting others in the area.

us
    Apr 2007
    God's lap
    X-terra 70 ACE 250
    72 times

You think YOU are lonely! Try living in CENTRAL Oregon! lol Maybe we will be over that direction and see you in one of those cemetaries!

us
    May 2011
    Seaside Oregon
    Minelab
    1 times

I am headed your way around the 10th .. EOU graduation. Any place cool around there to check out
    Mark

Charter Member
    us
    May 2012
    Ocean Park WA
    Main detectors Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab SE Pro, Minelab Sovereign Elite /Teknetics T2 SE used in the past but not forgotten Etrac Fisher F75 SE Teknetics Mark 1 LTD coin comput
    54 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hello from Astoria!
    never let rust form on ye Lesche!

Sep 2012
    I live here in the bend/Redmond area, and my buddy and I have been researching the ways to re-open a mine or set a claim, either in the baker area or the south eastern part of Oregon. We also have looked into the ochoco are as well, and realize all the environmental things around there that would be a challenge. With real in depth research and patience, I don't think it would be impossible? Anyone have info that they would like to throw out there?

us
    David dunn

May 2016
    Umatilla county, Oregon
    Bounty Hunter Prospector
    3 times
    Relic Hunting
    I am in Pendleton.

RHG
    us
    Jan 2014
    Round Up City Oregon
    F19 F44 Treasure Pro GMT Tesoro Cibola Whites Coinmaster GT White's DFX
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I am in Pendleton.

Apr 2017
    3 times
    Hello I'm Tim from Union County Oregon

us
    Fatboy Thats personal

Mar 2018
    Goldendale, Wa
    MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
    42 times
    Wow years between posts. I am in Goldendale, across from the Dalles. No hunters here either. Owell I tried
    NO NO NO!! I said my name is Du MOSS, not DUMB ASS!!

us
    Hoherz Ranch

Apr 2019
    Dayville Oregon
    Garret Ace 300 GarretAT Pro
    4 times
    Relic Hunting
    Well, I see you Tom! Husband & I bought a ranch btwn Dayville & Picture Gorge in Grant county.
    And my deeded contains what very well 'could' be old Camp Lincoln.
    I'm having real fun and have only just begun. I'm only hunting our private deeded at this point. We ranch and this ranch is probably the best in the valley. We run a commercial/cow calf operation right now. Just got here end of 2018. So I've not been detecting here long.
    But our other ranch in ND Sully came through in 1864. This hooked us on hunting Indian Wars camps and relics.
    No one has ever detected our ranch. It's been off limits for decades that way.
    I haven't looked for any hunters here. Hubby and I were pretty lonesome in SW ND. We've not ever detected with others before. And we are pretty private people. But we do love to share the history we find. So maybe we are up to sharing hunting places.
    All depends.

us
    World's Grumpiest Old Man

Dec 2014
    St Helens, Oregon
    Garrett AT Pro
    135 times
    Metal Detecting
    Badger, my wife and I are headed towards your area for some rockhounding, fossil hunting, and gold detecting. Although our plans for next week take us throughout the area we're going to be staying in Seneca at an RV park and using it as "base camp." We'd love to say " howdy" and trade stories and lies if you are remotely interested!
    Last edited by Trapper John; Jun 15, 2019 at 12:16 PM.
    "There are only three things to do in this part of Oregon. You either work in the woods, collect disability, or grow weed. I don't work in the woods, and I'm not disabled."

- a casual remark made by a man I met while bushwhacking in rural Oregon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links