Dubai - Legal to detect there?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call the S. A. Embasy here in the states and ask them.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think the South Africans will be of much help !

You can detect in Dubai just make certain your not on a private beach without permission and avoid the ladies they require more privacy than in the U.S.
There are one or two detector dealers (Petro Gold or similar rings a bell with me). The prices are very high compared to the U.S.
Anything very valuable should be reported to the police or it can be regarded as stealing by finding.

Brian

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S.A. = Saudi Arabia, but still my mistake, should have said UAE (United Arab Emirates)

DiscoveryGold

Apr 13, 2009
U.A.E
U.K. Brian said:
Don't think the South Africans will be of much help !

You can detect in Dubai just make certain your not on a private beach without permission and avoid the ladies they require more privacy than in the U.S.
There are one or two detector dealers (Petro Gold or similar rings a bell with me). The prices are very high compared to the U.S.
Anything very valuable should be reported to the police or it can be regarded as stealing by finding.

Brian
Hello Brian ,

I have been here for 4 years and my business is MD and treasure hunting System . for more info www.treasuredetectors.ae mostly work on America brands such as Accuratelocators .
will be glad if i can help any one in Dubai .

DiscoveryGold

Apr 13, 2009
U.A.E
burnett098 said:
Hi fellow hunters,

I'm moving to Dubai for a year and I was wondering if anybody knows whether it's legal to detect on the beaches over there. Should be quite some rings in there judging the amount of loaded tourists basking in the sun ;D

btw:
anybody ever air-travelled with a MD? Can we expect any customs trouble?

Thanks,

Tom

Hello Tom ,

I have had this business here in Dubai for almost four years and I still don't know whether if it's legal or illegal here sometimes my goods stock in customs but sometimes has been clearance without any problem e.g I bought some MD from kellyco so fist part had no problem but seconds part has been stock in customs for three month. I don't recommends you bring your MD with flight it's up to your luck to pass from customs here .
Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread