Looking for fellow hunters in western PA

Jost1308

Aug 23, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi! I'm looking for somebody to go hunting with in Western PA. I live close to Erie but I go to college in Latrobe. I've been very interested in metal detecting for a while but really haven't had time to get out. I have two White's detectors, one being a DFX, and I would love to find a hunting buddy, so if anyone is interested in going detecting with me please let me know!

mhammer

Greenie
Jan 22, 2009
i'd be interested when the weather breaks. I live in pittsburgh but have a camp up near erie (albion) pa. So mabye we could hunt around pgh. and erie. I'm also a dfx owner. Sound good? let me know. mike

OP
OP
Jost1308

Jost1308

Aug 23, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hey guys! That sounds great! I'll be looking forward to it! Now we just have to wait for all this snow to melt.... :-\

OP
OP
Jost1308

Jost1308

Aug 23, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I know exactly where albion is, I actually line in Linesville so its pretty close to albion. Mike, where at in Pittsburg are you from? I go to school at Saint Vincent College so I'm actually in Latrobe. Mad dog, where in summit township are you from?

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm in Corry. Sounds like there is enough MD'er's in the area to have a get together.

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
Hey Jost1308

Welcome to TNet. I'm always looking for a MDing buddy.
I live in Girard. I have a ton of spots that i can't wait to get to.......... as soon as we are out of this deep freeze...
look me on I'm on yahoo instant messenger. girardpaguy

HH

Mark

OP
OP
Jost1308

Jost1308

Aug 23, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Schrecky said:
Hey, I'm in Corry. Sounds like there is enough MD'er's in the area to have a get together.

A get together sounds great to me! We'll have to plan something as soon as this white stuff disappears lol...

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's long overdue to get the Western PA folks together for a hunt somewhere.

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Son and I going back to a location we were already at, didn't know there were houses back near this hiking trail. I already got permission to MD the location and asked 2 other TNet members to go with me. If your up for a drive to Apollo Jost, your more than welcome to come with us.

Sue

OP
OP
Jost1308

Jost1308

Aug 23, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Sue,
I'm very interested. Have you gone already or when do you plan to go? Thanks for the invite!!!

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
We were going to go last Saturday but it was to cold. This Saturday is looking more promising as temps should be in the 50's with no rain. We are not planning on doing any MDing at this time. We mostly want to see if we can find any parts of the houses that were back there in the woods. The well was already found on our last hike. Son also wants to hike to the other falls that we missed on our last hike at this place. If you want to go with us, your more than welcome to help us look for things and get out in nature for several hours. Let me know if you want to go. I'll PM you the directions and my phone number.

Sue

wymanwvp1

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2009
Brownsville/Centerville/Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
O.K. The snow is gone. Anyone want to get together to do a some detecting? Let's set something up! I have to get it in now, cause me and my wife are expecting our first baby sometime in the next month or so!
Any one up for it? Like this weekend coming up? (May 2nd or 3rd)

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Congrats on the upcoming bundle of joy!

I would love to meet up this weekend, but it is also opening day for baseball and softball. So I can't. :'( Actually my Saturdays are taken up until the end of June with ball games. With my weekend work schedule it is hard for me to plan anything, I work from 3:00 am to about 8:00 am.

Sue

wymanwvp1

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
smurf-42 said:
Congrats on the upcoming bundle of joy!

I would love to meet up this weekend, but it is also opening day for baseball and softball. So I can't. :'( Actually my Saturdays are taken up until the end of June with ball games. With my weekend work schedule it is hard for me to plan anything, I work from 3:00 am to about 8:00 am.

Sue

Good luck with baseball and softball! Maybe when ever the season is over we can do some detecting!

Anyone else up for meeting up to do some treasure hunting this weekend?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geeze...maybe i need to check in here more often.

Gonna hit this sometime tomorrow afternoon. Foundation area isn't huge but there's an area without the underbrush that might have been a garden area.

I suspect this is one of the 1840's places in Lucesco.....ghost town now.

Yes Sue...glad I didnt give up on this. There's a brand new lock on that gate, but this is right by the gate....dont know how we missed it. Can't drive down the base anymore and I did some hiking down there today. Didn't find squat.

If someone wants to come along....

Al

Attachments

• old stone wall 1.JPG
    old stone wall 1.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 428

wymanwvp1

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I won't be able to go AL, I had a problem with my computer today, and spent all day fixing it, so now i have to do my homework tommorow (sunday) cause it's the last week of classes.

Good luck tommorow and let me know if you do any good!
Hopefully we can get together for some detecting here soon.

thunderbyte

May 27, 2007
Erie PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP1350
Wow, I didnt know there were any other detectorists in this area. Im in Millcreek PA just west of Erie. I will keep my eyes on this thread!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions