Chadds Ford area/Southeastern PA group hunt?

Sep 20, 2012
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi!

I'm new here and have been only metal detecting for a little bit. I'm afraid I'm not very good at it yet because I haven't had the chance to really spend a lot of time doing it. I was wondering if there was anyone (or multiple people) on here in the Southeastern PA area (near Chadds Ford or so) that would be interested in going on group hunt with a newbie sometime. I'll try not to slow you down too much, but it would be a huge help to me to learn from MDing veterans how to properly detect and then dig. Any takers? Sundays are usually the best day for me.

Thanks!
Emily

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
welcome to the site. i'm not really from that area but there is a good group of folks that detect down around that area you might be interested in joining........ SPHRG

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
wish I still lived up there! check out this club for local hunters....sphrg.com nice group of people and meetings are pretty close to you.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emily I belong to the club they are talking about. They are a great group. We have meetings every month at the Lonestar Steakhouse on Rt.202 at the Delaware line. I'm about ten fifteen min. from the Chadds Ford area. Lots of history in that area! We will be getting out more now that the weather is getting cooler.

OP
OP
P
Sep 20, 2012
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes! I will definitely be checking out that group, thank you :) and baspinall, I'm glad to hear your group meets every month! I would love to come out and meet you all sometime soon. I'll check out the website so I can figure out the next time you meet!

qtdivergirl

Greenie
Nov 19, 2012
East Stroudsburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Pulse and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi!

I'm new here and have been only metal detecting for a little bit. I'm afraid I'm not very good at it yet because I haven't had the chance to really spend a lot of time doing it. I was wondering if there was anyone (or multiple people) on here in the Southeastern PA area (near Chadds Ford or so) that would be interested in going on group hunt with a newbie sometime. I'll try not to slow you down too much, but it would be a huge help to me to learn from MDing veterans how to properly detect and then dig. Any takers? Sundays are usually the best day for me.

Thanks!
Emily

Hi Emily - I'm from Kennett Square and actually am a Realtor with Weichert in Chadds Ford on Route 1 - I am a newbie to metal detecting too - just got mine a few weeks ago. Tried it on Rohoboth Beach, DE but just found a lot of bobby pins. My detector is mainly for the beach and scuba diving. Where do you hunt?

qtdivergirl

Greenie
Nov 19, 2012
East Stroudsburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Pulse and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Emily I belong to the club they are talking about. They are a great group. We have meetings every month at the Lonestar Steakhouse on Rt.202 at the Delaware line. I'm about ten fifteen min. from the Chadds Ford area. Lots of history in that area! We will be getting out more now that the weather is getting cooler.

Hi - I'm from Kennett Square area and would love to join a group that goes out metal detecting - please keep me in mind and let me know when you guys get together next. Thanks!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
qt_ I believe you can find the info here Contact Us
under their Calender of events & contact links

chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey qt, I'm a little late to the party here, but the SE PA Historical Recovery Group (SPHRG) has regular meetings in the Concord Mall area.

And, after you hunt Rehoboth, drive further south on Rte 1 to the Indian River inlet. There, just on the north side of the new bridge is Coin Beach, where you can find coins from a later 1700's shipwreck.

If you're just getting started, may I suggest that you check out the Beach and Shallow Water forum. Lots of good stuff there.

Chuckie

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys and gals it's gonna be pretty darn nice this weekend. Saturday is supposed to be high of 57! Group hunt? I think I'll be going somewhere. Anyone else getting out?

Brian

Last edited:

chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might be able to make it! I'm on Woody's email. Thx!!!!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuckie you a member of SPHRG?

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
qtdivergirl - the next meeting is Sunday @ 5:00PM January 27th. We have a new location for meetings.

Cafe Riviera Italian Pizzeria & Restaurant
4737 Concord Pike Concord Mall
Wilmington, DE 19803

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions