Any good sites to detect in Northern Virginia (Frederick, or Shenandoah Co.)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2005
    1 times

Any good sites to detect in Northern Virginia (Frederick, or Shenandoah Co.)

I am fairly new to relic hunting and would appreciate any suggestions of good spots to dig between Winchester, and Mt. Jackson. Also if anyone could help me figure out a couple sites that may be easy to access I would be very grateful. I have a close friend who is very much wants to get into metal detecting who is handicapped and she is not able to walk very well without assistance (especially outdoors), but we found she can sit and dig once a promising spot is detected. (after all pulling that treasure out of the ground is the best part) I am determined to show her that her disability does not have to stop her from doing things that she enjoys. I know she would be really grateful for any suggestions or tips that would help her relic hunting experience. Thanks, Kimberly

us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5442 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Any good sites to detect in Northern Virginia (Frederick, or Shenandoah Co.)

Hi cavegal
    you don`t have to leave your town go to the liebray and do some research on the town and, surronding country side ask perrmision from the posted signs who ever owns the land .
    I have been hunting in the plowed fields for years some feilds are better that others but so hold nice old finds . Ask at houses of people you know or don`t i have knocked on a lots of doors in 40 yrs. and it pays off some will some won`t.
    Gary G.A.P.metal
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links