All Treasure Hunting

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you opened this topic Monty and hope I don't detract from your query. My son and I are looking for a place to go and detect for three days to get our fix for the winter. Seattle is a cheap flight from Anchorage and it's definitely something we're considering. Is it still "open season" in December? If it were dry, sunny, and over 30?, we'd be on the beach in shorts... no kidding!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the invite paul. I'll give you a holler when I start up that way. My wife and I plan to take a whole month annd drive up sight seeing on the way up and back. Monty

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
If I may butt in...........My wife and I are going to be relocated to the Seattle area this summer, courtesy of Uncle Sugar. I'm looking for any tips on areas to hunt. I currently CW relic hunt in Tennessee, with an MXT. don't suppose there were many CW battles that far West.............

Thanks for any help.

Roger

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Hello Monty, I live in Seattle and I pretty much found everything here already ;D.

You are right there are a lot of beaches and parks, It's a beautiful city. I hunt at erratic times due to my work schedule and Grandchildren, but I can PM you my phone number and if we can't get out together maybe we can talk about some potential spots.

I don't see a lot of detectorists here, but some spots I hit, seem pretty hunted out. Every once in a while I find some nice spots. I'm always on the lookout for a place that no one else has found yet. Ain't we all?

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good caratjuice. I'm keeping a list of contacts . It will probably be mid-June before I make it out. Monty

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Hey Monty and all the other Seattle (or Seattle-bound) folks, there's a poster on another forum that had a nice "how to find rings" post.....and he lives in Seattle. Good luck and go for the gold and diamonds!!

HH, ya'll!

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I know that this thread is a bit old, but if some of you are still looking for a hunting buddy, I'm game. I will warn that I am very new to the hobby and I have an inexpensive Christmas gift sort of detector. I am looking forward to learning more about the hobby. I live in the Skykomish river valley, but I'm willing to travel for a day hunt. Feel free to email me @ [email protected].

Happy hunting!
-Chad

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help you, 'cause I'm the one who started this thread and I'm going out there in June! My Daughter says Lynnwood is surrounded by beaches! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread