LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
Pretty sight
yes indeed :love10:......oh...you meant the coins :laughing7:

LOL....your always good for laugh MG.....

Pssst.....don't let Mrs MG see that.....ha!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
This makes me want to see a pic of some of the massive penny bag stashes that some people on this site go through... eh Gman? =)

~Dave

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBcardsRI said:
This makes me want to see a pic of some of the massive penny bag stashes that some people on this site go through... eh Gman? =)

~Dave

Just remember you asked for it....

As it is that deer hunting time of year again in MN, it was time for my annual road trip to my parents...which included a few stops along the way last Friday. I'll be doing another post with more details shortly. And for those that care, the horns were from last year. This year I got a doe.

In the back right, the box with the bag on top is all half dollars ($961.50 worth)
Some where in the mix there is $500 in dimes, $400 in nickels, and $225 in pennies.

I would have gotten more, but I ran out of time before the banks started closing..

Also of note, I didn't have an account at a single bank I stopped at...

Attachments

• Bags and Horns.JPG
    Bags and Horns.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 339

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
$225 in pennies... sweet mercy. That's going to take a little while.

The next time you get your 15-20 bags of pennies in one week, take a picture of all of them together. That many pennies deserves some serious photos. =)

Good luck with all those bags. Do the halves look promising?

And speaking of antlers and animals and all that.

I ran to walmart a few hours ago to pick up some ink for my printer (paper due early tomorrow morning and the campus store and library are closed) and on my way back I was on a DARK two lane road, one lane each way and boom... DEER. I literally didn't see the thing until it was directly in front of my car. Its like it teleported itself into the middle of the road. I slowed down (didn't SLAM the breaks because I didn't want to crash into a tree on the side of the road) and swerved to the right and I missed the deers bum by literally no more than 6 inches with the front of my car. It wasn't a BEAST of a deer but it wasn't no baby... it would have done some nice damage to my car, and with my luck, have went over the hood, through the windsheild and killed me. =) I was going 60mph before I slowed down, so that might actually have been possible, lol.

~Dave

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBcardsRI said:
$225 in pennies... sweet mercy. That's going to take a little while.

The pennies should take about 2 hours and 15 minutes, with everything taking about 6 hours total

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Gman awsome bags. Ya just had to show me up didn't you!!! :wink: Its great to see pics of massive coins. This was the first time for me to get this many coins at once and i loved it.

I havent tried to get bags from the banks here but i am going to ask. Also i have a question, do you get the bags from banks that have public coin counting machines... Because as far as I have seen so far no banks in my area have such machines, at least not in the lobby for use.

Thanks for the comments guys and girls(LJ) :laughing7:
Jason

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:
I havent tried to get bags from the banks here but i am going to ask. Also i have a question, do you get the bags from banks that have public coin counting machines... Because as far as I have seen so far no banks in my area have such machines, at least not in the lobby for use.

The banks I stop at all have coin counters in the restricted areas that only the tellers can get to. Most of the ones with machines in the lobby have the type that coins of all denominations go into one big bin and so there are no bags for those. I have heard rumors that I could maybe buy the bin...but I think they are typically in the $2000-$5000 range from what I have seen when they fill up. Also, I have no way to get the coins home as I am sure they wouldn't let me take the bin itself. Maybe if I had enough bags..... :) Granted, I have never asked if it was possible or not as I have enough other sources as to not need it.

I am not aware of many banks in my area without coin machines, so I have a lot of places to ask.

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
i love the sight of unopened rolls!!! in a word...."potential". ya never know.

good luck and congrats on the finds so far.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
that is an insane amount of coins you go through...BTW...my dump banks(formally Commerce and now TD) have penny arcades in the lobby and all the coins have thier own plastic bag on a circular bin....the bags only hold so much coin according to count....so thier not so heavy, the half dollar bag is emptied into another bag and sealed after 100,200 and 300 dollars depending on the bank...not sure what they hold for other coins...never asked to purchase a bag because i think most other CRHers are using the same banks to dump as me due to not needing an account to dump there...i asked a few times to buy bags but was turned down at more than one bank and even though they had like 10 $100 bags , they wouldn't sell me one but said they would order some for me :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread