Oh Boy its the candy man!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Oh Boy it's the candy man!

While I was bank hopping today - a teller says to me, "You should bring us fudge like that other guy does, he brings us fudge the first week every month!" :-\. At least I know when the competition hits this part of town and I still seem to score a roll or two of silver once a month from this area. :thumbsup: I guess the "fudge man" doesn't completely clean the town. The tellers still collected up all the loose halves in the bank for me! They also said they had $480 in the vault but I probably didn't want those as I was the one who brought them in a few months back. Might need to hit the candy store pretty soon...or maybe whip up a batch of fudge myself.

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Re: Oh Boy it's the candy man!

That would be funny - and then they feed the same line to every CRH that comes in. They might want some pay back for all the hard work they do for us! Seems fair - we get the silver and they get the candy, and they were all pretty cute and one even winked at me as I left. Maybe they were just having fun with me..but you never know. It does seem like I have been finding a lot of dumps lately. Lucky for me I have a great dump bank and a pretty good bankroll so I just buy them all to get them out of the area. The tellers love me when I take the dumps. Funny at this bank they were telling me to "not" take the vault coins because they were dumps from me from a few months back when I didn't have a dump bank that takes full bags.

Maine_Jim

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada

So why aren't they selling the dumps to the fudge guy? :icon_scratch:

At my "pick-up" bank, they make it obvious that I'm a bother to them, but they don't charge me any fees for ordering boxes, although they did say I could only order 1 time per month. The head teller offered to "collect" all the coins for me, and even sugested I should only ask him for the coins. It was obvious he knew what I was doing and wanted to take out all the good stuff first. I asked one of the girls there if they had any halves or large dollar coins, and she said they had some rolls in the vault. I asked her for them, so she went to the head teller. He went in to the vault, took about 15-20 minutes, then came back with 1 roll of halves.
At my dump bank, the girls are all nice and helpful, but the bank charges a fee for ordering boxes. I even offered to take my dumps elsewhere if they would drop the fees, but the manager said no. So they are still my dump bank.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island

Yea... you would think they would sell HIM the halves YOU dumped... unless they warned him who dumped them!

"candy man... candy man...." dam you Christina Aguilera!

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread