Didnt think this would ever happen, let alone twice!!!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Didn't think this would ever happen, let alone twice!!!

Hello all,
I had a first for me today, and it happened twice.
As most of you know I have been CRHing for about a year but really, really stepped it up about 3 weeks ago. At this point I search about 15 - 25 boxes of coins a week. Today I did 4 boxes of nickels and on the second box I nailed down my first V-NICKEL (1903) pretty worn but I don't care, It's a V nickel!!! Being pretty pumped up I continued to search. A few rolls later out pops another V-nickel (1902). I was stoked I have searched countless number of nickels boxes laterly(not as many as some but probably in the top 3, LOL)
Well check out the pics.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Attachments

• Vnickelfront.jpg
    Vnickelfront.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 415
  • Vnickelback.jpg
    Vnickelback.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Re: Didn't think this would ever happen, let alone twice!!!

AWESOME!

I'm happy for you.

You must have been pretty stoked with those finds. Buffalos are one thing... but the V's! INSANE!

I have yet to find one of them in the wild, and I hit those nickels HARD over the summer.

~Dave

S

seger98

I'd have been pumped too! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

BBcardsRI said:
You must have been pretty stoked with those finds. Buffalos are one thing... but the V's! INSANE!

~Dave

Thanks Dave for the continued support, The funny thing is I have never found a buffalo, but I will take the V-nickels for now!!! I would like to find a buffalo some day.

I am going to the same bank tomorow to buy 5 boxes, maybe there will be another "V" in the mix. If not it will be OK these two hits are huge for me right now, but the greedy CRHer always wants more. LOL!!!

Happy Hunting,
Jason

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG S&B.......that is awesome....two in one day! Your doing something right....lol...whatever it is...keep it up dude!

Congrats!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island

I hear you on the greed part... tough sometime to keep it in check when you are getting skunked.

Just gotta keep thinking about those great finds from the past and the great ones still waiting for you and trudge on.

If you keep with the nickels, you WILL find a buff... EVENTUALLY. I thought they were like finding needles in a haystack, but I manged to pick a couple up out of rolls over the summer.

A V-nickel must be like finding a specific needle in a stack of needles.

~Dave

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet!

They look to be in better condition than the two I have found this year.

-Codes

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice, Im excited too!!! :thumbsup:

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro

WOW great find man. Keep it up

HH
Cat

kestrelia

May 9, 2007

That's awesome. They're definitely related. That'll definitely make up for the lack of Buffaloes. I'm sure you'll start hitting those sometime soon.

How's the variety list going? Which ones are you still going for? The amount of boxes you're doing is impressive.

Brian

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

kestrelia said:
That's awesome. They're definitely related. That'll definitely make up for the lack of Buffaloes. I'm sure you'll start hitting those sometime soon.

How's the variety list going? Which ones are you still going for? The amount of boxes you're doing is impressive.

Brian

Thanks for the comments. As for a variety list are you talking double bie varieties and such or just completing the set? I don't look for variety errors, not sure why I think because I do such a large quantity. Someday I will go thru my pre 1960's and look for 1943/2P and 1949D/S and such but I dont look for them on a daily basis. As far as the set goes I need 1939D to complete TWO sets. I think I am going to have to trade some war nickels so I can these two sets completed before the end of the year. The first of the year I will start new sets, my goal is to complete 5 Jefferson nickel sets next year.

??? Is trading coins found in circulation for coins needed to complete sets still considered finding the set from circulation? Umm considering the fact that I can not seem to find the 1939D, I think so. LOL ;D

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread