3 boxes today - updated with all boxes completed

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I have 3 boxes due in today. I have just finished searching the first, and thought I would report now, and catch up with the rest later.

The first box contained
1 1964
8 1965-1969
1 1987D
and a couple NIFC from 2003

Lunch is done, time to ge the other 2 boxes :)

Update time :)

Box one was a tease next to the next two that followed. Having only funds for one box at a time, I went to the second bank and bought one box. Went out into the parking lot, and searched it there. Then I drove to another bank, dumped it, and returned for the second box. Along with me I took some chocolates to thank them for remembering me this time :). I also made sure I would be remembered for next weeks order. Chocolate payment plans work great.

In the parking lot I was greeted with many new shiney coins for my collection. Here is the breakdown:
29 1965-1969
4 1964
1 1946 Booker T Washington Commerative

I was thrilled, and could hardly wait to open the next box, but, I did wait. I wanted to share it with my wife, and I am glad I did. There were more firsts in the third box than the first two combined. The 1987 in box 1 is a first, and the Booker T is also a first. Box 2 proved my single most productive box to date. It did not hold that distinction long! Box 3 rocked box 2. :D Here is the breakdown:

47 1956-1969
4 1964
1 1962 Frankie
1 1997s
1 1998s
1 1987p
1 2003d

The proofs were both found by my wife, and they represent the first proofs we have found in the half department. This is also my first Franklin half, so it was an exciting find as well.

I am floored. So many silver for todays efforts.
In total:
84 1965-1969
11 90% silver
2 proofs
2 1987

WAHOO!!!!

Thanks to you all for teaching me this awesome hobby. I am truly grateful to you. May you all be blessed with silver this holiday season :)
Anthony

Attachments

• 12-10-08.JPG
    12-10-08.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Those are some amazing finds. I wish my boxes produced like that, or produce anything at all. Congrats on all that silver and the Booker T is awesome also...

Keep up the good work!

Happy Hunting,
Jason

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Booker T...87's...proofs....90%ers....40%ers....those are some awesome boxes compared to what others have posting lately...i'm starting to rethink the whole box thing....congrats on all that silver Anthony :thumbsup:

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
congrats on pullin' that commem! i've searched hundreds of boxes and haven't found a one yet.

you done good!!! and ain'tcha glad ya waited to share that third box with the little lady? i'm sure it made her day too! family affair!

keep up the search. the silver's still out there. to quote duke from city slickers II...."come and get me, come and get me, come and get me."

good luck.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....nice job Narthoniel!!! Congrats to you and Mrs. Narthoniel. That was an excellent 3 boxes.

Kudos on the many firsts as well......this hobby is so fun huh......

I agree on the treats.....that stuff goes a long way....nicely done! Good luck on the nexy ones....keep us posted......

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is SWEET, WTG!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey Narth, Hats off man...that is a nice bunch of silver for your efforts. Like I said I wish i could do this hobbie full time!!

-Golden Silver

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Three nice boxes in a row wow that is pretty rare it seems, nice. Congrats - and a Booker T. to boot :thumbsup: -

Maine_Jim

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, nice Booker T Commemorative. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread