Pawn shop score

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Not CRHing, but my son stopped at a pawn shop to fix a computer (his business) and he saw a small stack of 1 oz. rounds, 7 total. The shop owner told him he doesn't dabble in coins or silver, but got 'stuck' with them somehow. Told my son he could have as many as he wanted for $5.00 each!

Needless to say, my son grabbed all 7. ;D

The next day this guy shows up at my son's shop, telling him that pawn shop guy told him that my son may be interested in buying his silver, as the pawn guy wasn't interested.

So my son buys all of his coins for spot, including Standing Liberty quarters, SEATED and Barbers! The guy was more than happy to sell them all for spot.

So I need to come out of retirement and hit the local banks and CRH!

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't it great when two people can make and deal like that - and both walk away happy.

Nothing like a win-win deal.

Beth

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
scotto said:
Not CRHing, but my son stopped at a pawn shop to fix a computer (his business) and he saw a small stack of 1 oz. rounds, 7 total. The shop owner told him he doesn't dabble in coins or silver, but got 'stuck' with them somehow. Told my son he could have as many as he wanted for $5.00 each!

Needless to say, my son grabbed all 7. ;D

The next day this guy shows up at my son's shop, telling him that pawn shop guy told him that my son may be interested in buying his silver, as the pawn guy wasn't interested.

So my son buys all of his coins for spot, including Standing Liberty quarters, SEATED and Barbers! The guy was more than happy to sell them all for spot.

So I need to come out of retirement and hit the local banks and CRH!

Most pawn shop guys are really sharp, kind of weird that he let the silver go so cheap. Good for your son.

Jim

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Most pawn shop guys are really sharp, kind of weird that he let the silver go so cheap. Good for your son.
He does mostly car title loans, car stereos, rims, etc. The other pawn shops wouldn't have let them go for probably less than $20 each.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Scott.....nice to hear from you again.....hope all is well with you and the family.

That was an excellent pickup buy you son....tell him KUDOS!!! I too am surprised about the pawn shop guy letting that silver go so cheap. Like Mrs. O stated...all good when everyone walks away happy.

Don't be a stranger buddy....take care!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I stay away from shops like that usually because I don't want to haggle with those guys. But it sounds like he did well. Right now I am having too much fun buying at face value. Nice deal though.

-Golden Silver

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
considering they are worth $10.26 Each right now
he did well

Top Member Reactions