nickels and dimes

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
It happens sometimes(getting a new box). I just ask for boxes. If it is the rare chance that it is new I just keep a few rolls for later, later years and bring the rest back. Hope this helps.
Jason

S

seger98

Some of the boxes that I get have little holes in the top of them, If I see all new nickels I just say, do you have any other boxes? Then I tell them what I am doing, I'm looking through them to find older nickels, none of them have seemed to care...

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you should do first is scope out the banks in your area. I go in and ask for ten rolls or so from each bank around me, then whatever banks I don't get new rolls from I get boxes from. Its pretty simple and it saves a lot of hassle when you get a box only to find out they're all brand new. Plus, getting ten rolls of new coins is easier to handle than getting a whole box full.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a few boxes that were all new coins. Now I ask for box with old looking coins in it. The teller looks through the holes and I'm a happy camper. :thumbsup:

eggbag

Mar 17, 2008
Just got one the other day all 08 D's brought it back to another bank and told them i wanted to change it out for another nickle box . The teller counted all the rolls twice even though the box was full. Then she tried to give me 100 in cash and I said no thanks could I just get a different box , she then got all snotty and said "I'm not going to the vault for that!". This was after explaining what i was doing and telling her that I have multiple accounts there. I ended up taking the cash and then doing the rest of regular banking at the atm. sorry for the rant I was pissed off! Next time I get an all new box I'll just cash it in and save the hassle and BS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread