Must banks be dumps?

AU-AG

Dec 17, 2008
When you walk in to a bank with a large amount of halves loose is there any thing that says they must convert your loose change to cash? Just because you decide to use a certain bank as your dump must they coperate? I can order boxes from my bank where I have an account but would like to dump elsewhere without a fee. How do I establish that since they do not want halves to start with? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
They can choose not to take your change if you do not have an account there. If you have an account at a bank is there another branch in the area to dump your halves at. If not you may have to open another account. Several CRHers on here have multiple accounts, at this time I have seven. Hope this helps. If there is an NBT in your area check to see if they have a coin counting machine in there lobby. All of the NBT's in my area have free coin counters, even free for noncustomers. That is the best becuase you do not need to reroll your dumps.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Although I'm somewhat of a newbie, I only have one account. I live in a bigger city though, so it's easier for me to get to multiple banks. If you don't want to open multiple accounts, just go in and ask. Some will say no, some will take them but only if they are rolled, and some will take them but prefer you to bring them in loose. If you have the option of multiple banks, figure out which is which and keep track of it.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i take my dumps to TD North bank....they just took over Commerce....they have penny arcades in them which is free for anyone.....i've seen guys there with flat handtrucks and 5 gallon buckets of coins(most likely vending machine operators)....so i never feel bad about how much i am dumping...

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I dump at a credit union and worked out a sweet deal with them. I unload the clad using 1k bags ( nice no rerolling :) ) . Started off opening account and taking in a box , the next week it was 2 then they suggested the bags then for a long time 4 boxes and occasionally 6 . This works great as I have asked other banks if I could dump a 1k or 2 from time to time and they were more than willing because all they have to do it ship them out that week.

I dont have access to a coin machine in my area so this works great plus it is alot faster than using a coin machine ...

Hmmmm now if I can just get some halves in to dump , ha .. HH Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread