Good day at the B of A

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
We have storm blowing in, so I headed to the bank to get some $$$. I wanted to hit a couple of my favorite branches (even though someone uses one of them as a dump bank every now and then), but I only had time for one. Went in, and asked the usual question, and they directed me to the Merchant Teller. She said she's been saving some for me, and had $230 worth. I figured they were dumps (especially when I saw the rolls), but I took them anyway because I do not want to upset whatever routine the teller (who is always very nice) has. Searched them on the way to the Home Depot, and found 12 40% and 2 90%!! I was surprised to find the 90%, as I do not see them too much any more.

Anyway, it was a good CRH Day!

Those of you in the Pacific Northwest be sure and stay warm!!

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul you got there!!! :thumbsup:

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Hey! Us here in New England need the wishes of warmth too! Its barely 20 degrees right now and I'm looking out the window at almost a foot of snow!

Grats on the silver, though! Not a bad score at all!

Being back home at my normal CRhunting grounds and seeing all these silver finds is making me itch... might be time to get back to searching for myself.

~Dave

OP
OP
S

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
I too have sat on the sidelines for a while...CRHing was starting to feel too much like work, so I took a break. Today's find got me interested again, so I will probably order a few boxes next week...

Happy hunting!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey! Us here in New England need the wishes of warmth too! Its barely 20 degrees right now and I'm looking out the window at almost a foot of snow!

Grats on the silver, though! Not a bad score at all!

Being back home at my normal CRhunting grounds and seeing all these silver finds is making me itch... might be time to get back to searching for myself.
sounds like you need to break out the ole snowmobile and hit some banks Dave....good to see you back buddy :thumbsup:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dave,

Don't you hate global warming.

Happy Hunting! ::)

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
If I am ever allowed to put down the snow shovel, then perhaps I could find something more fun to do with this snow...

And don't you know... "Global Warming" isn't the proper term anymore... it's now "Global Climate Change". =) Textbooks have already made the switch, since many parts of the world are experiencing proven temperature decreases instead of increases. ;)

~Dave

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
BBcardsRI said:
If I am ever allowed to put down the snow shovel, then perhaps I could find something more fun to do with this snow...

And don't you know... "Global Warming" isn't the proper term anymore... it's now "Global Climate Change". =) Textbooks have already made the switch, since many parts of the world are experiencing proven temperature decreases instead of increases. ;)

~Dave

Not to try and start a political shi-tstorm, but wouldn't warming in the ice caps essentially result in cooling of the rest of the world? ???

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Not all of it, but parts of it, yes.

The whole climate change thing is a bunch of junk as a whole. All we get are studies done by people on an agenda, so we only see one side of the MANY sided issue. Then you get people on an opposite agenda posing statistics just as convincing, but showing the complete opposite. It isn't nearly as easy as an overall warming or an overall cooling like a lot of people would want the sheeple to think. There are so many little annoying things about, such as where the temperatures are taken (big cities to show a warming, if that aides the "agenda", as opposed to the countryside, which shows a cooling), that I've given up following the thing as a whole.

~Dave

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
BBcardsRI said:
Not all of it, but parts of it, yes.

The whole climate change thing is a bunch of junk as a whole. All we get are studies done by people on an agenda, so we only see one side of the MANY sided issue. Then you get people on an opposite agenda posing statistics just as convincing, but showing the complete opposite. It isn't nearly as easy as an overall warming or an overall cooling like a lot of people would want the sheeple to think. There are so many little annoying things about, such as where the temperatures are taken (big cities to show a warming, if that aides the "agenda", as opposed to the countryside, which shows a cooling), that I've given up following the thing as a whole.

~Dave

Well I guess you really have to look at both sides and come to your own conclusion. I don't know very much about it, but I've pretty much decided that I'm gonna do something, rather than nothing, about it. I don't want to just write it off as nothing, only to be wrong.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
You make a good point. I mean... sure it is nice to get people motivated to recycle, and cut down on polution, etc. These things are good, surely, so I guess you could look at the whole climate change thing as a plus in that regard. But I don't fully look at it that way. Using manipulation and lies to get those type of results aren't the way to get things done. I mean... would you want someone to rewrite/reinterpret parts of the constitution and change a bunch of things, a few of which seem positive (like getting people motivated to help the environment, etc.) while a bunch of other stuff gets swept under the rug and out of the citizens view to push the REAL agenda...?

You only see what those in power want you to.

~Dave

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
BBcardsRI said:
You make a good point. I mean... sure it is nice to get people motivated to recycle, and cut down on polution, etc. These things are good, surely, so I guess you could look at the whole climate change thing as a plus in that regard. But I don't fully look at it that way. Using manipulation and lies to get those type of results aren't the way to get things done. I mean... would you want someone to rewrite/reinterpret parts of the constitution and change a bunch of things, a few of which seem positive (like getting people motivated to help the environment, etc.) while a bunch of other stuff gets swept under the rug and out of the citizens view to push the REAL agenda...?

You only see what those in power want you to.

~Dave

For the most part, those in power (or those who have been for the past 8 years) are fairly against any kind of alternative, renewable energy, helping the environment in general, and even recognizing any kind of climate change at all.

Also, as to not hijack this thread or turn it into political/social debate, should we move this to PMs or something? I'm not too sure of the rules and don't want to upset anyone ::)

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
If you wanted to make it into its own thread, then the world news and events forum would probably be your best bet.

The current adminstration wasn't the best at what you said... the hippie/green earth movement and such. =) But its hardly their fault that the world is melting... or whatever those that believe in global "warming" are saying.

I look at it like this: with the energy issue... you have the "renewable" people who say we need to focus on those types of clean/renewable sources of fuel because in 50 or a hundred years us or our kids or our grandkids might have to move out of Florida due to the rising water levels.

Sure... that is an "issue".

But we have a more pressing issue if you ask me... oil reserves... OPEC... rising crude prices... easy manipulation therein. This isn't something that will affect our future decendents, or something that will only affect those living in low altitudes near the water. It is something that will affect pretty much everyone... and it is already affecting us pretty harshly. And the current administration was all over this more pressing issue... trying to push for more drilling, etc. But those wonderful leftists weren't with the adminastration so it didn't work out so well. If you ask me... the Demos are to blame a lot more then the current administration.

Anyway... now we are getting into politics on top of the whole climate change thing... and that is far too broad a topic for any forum... hijacked thread or new thread alike. =)

~Dave

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Indeed. Best bet would be to drop the whole thing. I like everyone here, and I'd rather not ruin that by talking politics. That's the quickest way to kill friendships (Well, except for the board game, RISK. That has ended quite a few for me XD ) But, I'm just gonna have to put out there that I'm one of those damn leftists you mentioned; in fact I'm one of the quite radical ones as can be seen by my signature. Hope nobody minds 8)

OP
OP
S

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Hey cool! I never thought I would set off a discussion like this!!

I am going to throw some gas (or bio-diesel) on the fire: CRHing does not seem like a hobby (addiction?) that is environmentally friendly. What do you all think of this, and is anyone doing anything to offset the crabon footprint associated with CRHing?

Happy hunting!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STDevil said:
Hey cool! I never thought I would set off a discussion like this!!

I am going to throw some gas (or bio-diesel) on the fire: CRHing does not seem like a hobby (addiction?) that is environmentally friendly. What do you all think of this, and is anyone doing anything to offset the crabon footprint associated with CRHing?

Happy hunting!

Nope!!! I am driving more than ever tryin to find more and more silver!!! Inturn (with my orders) I am making the delivery trucks burn more gas - ahhh its a beautiful thing we have going... ;D

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I'm going to do with my "carbon footprint" is put it up someone's rear! LOL.

Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
S

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
As a great Vulcan (or maybe it was Homer Simpson) once pointed out, we're all just carbon based life forms anyway, so maybe carbon is good. On the other hand, if the temperature of the earth does go to high for us to survive, I wonder if we'll need to spend our silver, or if the aliens will just find small stashes of silver halfs all over the place??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread