cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in charge of a fundraiser for my daughter's high school band. We have a christmas gift wrap booth in front of a local sporting goods store. I picked up the cash last night and there were three JFKs in the can.

These are the very first halves I have ever seen in circulation. I wonder if I have any local competition trying to spend a few?

Every one of the 200,000 halves I have checked came from banks and got returned to banks.

By the way they were clad and not marked. >:(

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
cyberdan said:
I am in charge of a fundraiser for my daughter's high school band. We have a christmas gift wrap booth in front of a local sporting goods store. I picked up the cash last night and there were three JFKs in the can.

These are the very first halves I have ever seen in circulation. I wonder if I have any local competition trying to spend a few?

Every one of the 200,000 halves I have checked came from banks and got returned to banks.

By the way they were clad and not marked. >:(
They probably came from me! I spend them everywhere, from paying for gas to fast food joints to retail purchases. I also am constantly spending the big E dollars. Lots of those people exchange those rolls with their own cash into the drawer. AMC

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
The other day I took a roll of halves to Walmart and paid with them. The guy kept turning the roll over and over and looking at it. I thought he was going to open it up, but he didn't. Was pretty funny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread