Bummed

billyg5955

Aug 17, 2008
sounds like a tough day. but you still got one keeper! keep your head up you got 1 more than i got today :thumbsup:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Searched 20,000 dimes and only got 10 keepers. I only have about 8 hours a week that I can devote to road trips and have come up with zip as well. Then again I've been lucky too.

I spent about 80 hours metal detecting this year and only found one Mercury dime. Besides jewlery that was the only silver I found. On the bright side I cashed in all of my found clads and pennies and bought silver eagles.

I enjoy the thrill of the hunt because you never know.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
No it was not me Narth! I promise. Did you find out what happened to the bag? Did they forget to order or did somebody poach. And how and the heck are you able to order bags?? I never get bags just boxes or rolls of halves. Just curious. Sorry about your bad day. I am kind of down as well because I have been broke since christmas and have not looked for silver in over a week. I have 4 boxes coming this week but I can't wait.

-Golden Silver

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Yesterday I filled the half dollar bag at this bank. They offered to sell it to me then but I declined. Kicking myself now for not getting it when I had the opportunity. They did not know where it went to between today and yesterday.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey Narth that is BS what they told you about not knowing where the bag went!! I just had one of the ladies at navy federal here in Chesapeake if they could sell the bags and she said yes but it depends on where it is in the return cycle. For example she explained that if I wanted to buy it before they logged it in for return shipment then she could do it but once she logged it or it gets far enough along in the process then she could not. Sounds to me that you did not buy the bag and someone went and logged it for shipment back to the fed.

-Golden Silver

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Either way it slipped by me. Ill likely not have cash for a bag again for months, if I even come across another. Oh well, hopefully I can continue to afford boxes after payin the rent this week.
Anthony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread