Halves in Boxes or Bags

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I haver been dabbling in CRH'ing for a while now but have only hunted dimes, nickels and pennies. I talked to the vault teller at one of my banks today about ordering halves for me. She indicated she would but the order would have to be a minimum of a $1000 bag. I asked her about $500 boxes and she called the service provider, Brinks, and stated that they did not have halves in $500 boxes. I know that some of you are searching Brinks boxes as you report here on the forum. Could this be a local supply situation or maybe I was just told a fib?? Also from those of you who have been searching halves, do you find any difference in keepers between the boxes and bags. Your input will be appreciated. Thanks.

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i get boxes from brinks often at a local bank here. don't know why you cant get them where you are. i would try a different bank. if a teller tells me something i know is false or a lie i don't even argue or try to educate, most of the time it is not worth your effort. just try someplace else.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
If I had the chance I would buy the bags instead of boxes because I think they produce better ...most of us do boxes but there are a few that does bags Coolpix is one ... HH Ed

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
Gotta agree with Scalper and BB and say bags are the way to go! If you think about how the halves travel (or any coin for that matter)... Turned in at a coin counter (into a bag), to the fed (actually Brinks and the like), rerolled and placed into boxes, and sent back to the bank, and then to us. Grabbing the bags cuts out the middle man and concentrates the silver as opposed to being placed into a large hopper to be rolled. Grab those coin bags at every opportunity! :thumbsup:

S

seger98

I doubt she was fibbin' to ya, I had a bank tell me the same thing so I asked, could I get two bags then, that's what I got was two bags!

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Junkman- find out where the nearest Bank Atlantic is to you. They get me boxes and they have the coin machines for dumping. Tampa area has quite a few branches. Which bank told you bags only? i hit several banks near the old downtown area and no one said they could get bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread