Start of the New Year with a new Mercury!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
My new year started off as I predicted...first bank, messed up my halves box order, oh well, off to 2nd Bank. I get there and they surprised me this time and followed through on the double order. If you read my lament a week or so ago I got stiffed at a couple of sources because of holiday issues...This time the BoA put through a $4000 order for halves! Did I mention I don't even have an account here...(I know I've heard people slam this bank but they have been great to me). I also checked out another source but they didn't have any halves so I grabbed $130 in machine roll dimes and headed home.

I started on the dimes and the first roll I opened for 2009 - out pops a mercury dime! :thumbsup:. A few rolls later I pull two more out of one roll. Found one more dime, a Roosevelt. Made me wish I'd grabbed more dimes. I then started on the halves. All were in CWI boxes date stamped in October 2008. Didn't get much from the halves, I think seven silver until the last roll of the last box - then - what should pop out but a 99-s silver. :D My 2nd silver proof half in a week. Pretty weird, the last roll out of 8000 coins. Not bad - hope the silver flows a little heavier next time but I do like the coins when they are different.

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job - congrats!!! :thumbsup: