WELCOME TO THE FORUM-----RULES OF COIN ROLL HUNTING

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I am sure I am not the only one who is noticing a lot of new comers to the Coin Roll Hunting Forum. So I just wanted to be the first to say Welcome to the best hobby known to man and Happy Hunting. Now I must swear each and every new comer to secracy and introduce you to the rules of Coin Roll Hunting.

THE RULES OF COIN ROLL HUNTING.

1ST RULE: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT COIN ROLL HUNTING (EXCEPT ON THIS FORUM OR WITH OTHER COIN ROLL HUNTERS)

2ND RULE: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT COIN ROLL HUNTING!!!!

3RD RULE: IF SOMEONE STOPS YOU AND ASKS "WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THOSE COINS?" AND YOU REPLY "I LOOK FOR SILVER."
IT'S OVER. THERE IS ANOTHER COIN ROLL HUNTER MADE AND YOU NEED TO REVIEW RULES 1 AND 2.

4TH RULE: WHEN SEARCHING ROLLS IN THE CAR DO IT AT A STOP LIGHT. (HEDE THE WARNING AND AVOIDE HAVING TO CLEAN UP THE SCATTERED COINS ALL OVER YOUR CAR)

5TH RULE: LET THE OLD LADY BEHIND YOU WITH A SANDWICH BAG OF PENNIES GO AHEAD OF YOU IN THE COIN MACHINE LINE BEFORE YOU DUMP YOUR THOUSANDS. (IT IS JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO)

6TH RULE: WARE SHIRT AND SHOES WHEN ENTERING A BANK (PANTS OPTIONAL...LOL) NO BUT REALY LOOK PRESENTABLE AND YOU WILL HAVE MORE SUCCESS AND THE LADY TELLERS WILL BE MORE WILLING TO HELP YOU OUT. ITS TRUE.

7TH RULE: SEARCH AS LONG AS YOU HAVE TO. (THE KEY TO FINDING THE SILVER IS PERSISTANCE AND DEDICATION)

8TH RULE: IF THIS YOUR FIRST TIME COIN ROLL HUNTING YOU HAVE TO POST YOUR FINDS.

9TH RULE: DO NOT MARK YOUR DUMPS! (THIS MAY PISS SOME OF YOU OFF BUT IT IS JUST RESPECT TO THOSE FILLING UP ALBUMS I.M.O.)

10TH RULE: DO NOT DIVULGE THE LOCATIONS OF YOUR BANKS OR THE DATES AND TIMES THAT YOU PICK UP AND DROP OFF. (THERE ARE SOME CRAZIES OUT THERE THAT WILL TRY AND RUIN YOUR CRHING DAY)

GOOD LUCK YOU ALL IN 2009!

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THE RULES THEY CAN. IT IS UP TO Y'ALL

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a hobby!!!!! it is a sickness and we all need help. The only problem is the treament costs money and the only money we now comes in rolls. I am not parting with my rolls. that is unless they are genos pizza rolls and I part with a whole different way, but that too is a sickness that requires treatment cost money.......

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Rule #24. Take the good tellers cookies and candy and they will love to see you come in.
Rule #25. Do not make funny faces at the brinks guys when the roll in our boxes of half dollars. Wait until the drive off and, then smile as you walk into pick up your half dollars.
Rule #26. If you are not going to wear pants at least wear a tiger stripped thong and remember to shave your legs.
Rule #27. For the man old nasty mother in law kind of teller make sure you take her at least $1500.00 in hand rolled half dollars and a deposit slip.
Rule #28. Keep all clad half dollars for someday they will be worth lots of money.
And most of all remember Rule #5. Always let someone with a few coins go ahead of you. Or better yet if they come in while you are using it stop yours. Get your slip and let them use it, the tellers see this and they "always" see it and, they will say " Awwww how nice"
HH
Dan

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Piercesdad said:
This is not a hobby!!!!! it is a sickness and we all need help. The only problem is the treament costs money and the only money we now comes in rolls. I am not parting with my rolls. that is unless they are genos pizza rolls and I part with a whole different way, but that too is a sickness that requires treatment cost money.......

I have to agree with you on the sickness statement. I am sure there are crack addicts who consider their activity a "hobby" too. At least CRHing is not physically damaging (except for hurting your back from carrying too much), and you can actually make money instead of going broke like other addictions.

But it is an addiction I know this for certain.

Jim

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
These rules are great. Especially 1 and 2. I found this forum entirely by accident, and that's how I started...but I must confess. I broke 1 and 2 when my roommate asked me what I was doing with so many pennies and nickels. Then he started XD

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
it's tough when you getquizzed. I get questions from the various managers of the branches I pull from. I find a good story is "I am a collector, trying to leave something cool for my kids, its an activity we do together" everyone likes that. Except I have no kids lol

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotgot said:
it's tough when you getquizzed. I get questions from the various managers of the branches I pull from. I find a good story is "I am a collector, trying to leave something cool for my kids, its an activity we do together" everyone likes that. Except I have no kids lol

I say the samething!!!! :thumbsup:

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Rule 99...........Promise not to laugh at newbies when they make a post and say thep kept all 223 bicential halves their box!!!

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
jrf30 said:

What about the article at the bottom of this page? From W&E Treasure. Is it allowed to write articles and put them in magazines, so others can learn?

;-)

That article turned me on...to coin roll hunting.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Joad, don't get me wrong we love to that you are here and contributing to the forum but the idea is to keep as many people away from the silver as possible. But if you are in the know, you are in the know. And if you find "where the silver flows" you are truly the next member in the crhing looney bin.

Golden Silver

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Rule 29: If you turn in rolls, do not turn them in using salvaged shotgun wrappers marked with the company name/logo (i.e.: Brinks, Loomis, etc), use generic or bank provided wrappers to avoid suspicion.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
sorry to bump this but there are alot of newbies out there who don't know the rules.
btw let me add a few that i don't see covered.
#29 DO NOT CHERRYPICK THE SILVER AT THE BANK
#30 DO NOT DUMP AT THE SAME BANK YOU GOT THE COINS FROM
i know to some of us this is stating the obvious but it needs to be pointed out that these practices will cause the banks to tire of us and either end by refusing to deal with us or worse charge us fees.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
sorry to bump this but there are alot of newbies out there who don't know the rules.
i know to some of us this is stating the obvious but it needs to be pointed out that these practices will cause the banks to tire of us and either end by refusing to deal with us or worse charge us fees.

Gee, wonder who this was aimed at...........

Sometimes, it is best to just let things go. You will suffer from stress and anxiety if you keep it up...... :dontknow:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:

By the way, your map shows you are about 1500 miles from where I live. I didn't know that would impact your CRH'ing from here, them tellers must be unionized I tell ya....... :laughing7:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
mistergee said:

By the way, your map shows you are about 1500 miles from where I live. I didn't know that would impact your CRH'ing from here, them tellers must be unionized I tell ya....... :laughing7:

No, but your closer to me so please stop doing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread