new twist to Bank Hopping

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
was doing some bank hopping when one of my regular banks calls me. They tell me they just got a deposit of approx $100.00 in halves. I said i would take them and would be there by lunchtime. i get there and while they are counting them, i hear silver now and then. Wound up being $97.00in total halves, and a story with it. They tell me that the Dunkin Donuts has an account there and they got too much in halves and deposited them. out of $97.00, $17.50 was 40%. I went back to bank hopping, but also stopped in every DD that i saw. 2 out of 3 had a few halves, and got an extra 3 40% for my efforts. Do we call this Dunkin Donut hopping?????

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha why not? I thought of something like this....perhaps at McDonalds? MDH :wav:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great haul on those 40's!!! Now I'll have to check my D&D for halfs! ;D

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I found a hidden bank this week and stopped inside. They told me that they get halves on a regular basis from one of their customers - McDonalds. Wound up with 4 rolls, giving me a few silver. I think 4 40% and one 90%. They thanked me for taking them, and said to stop in regularly. :)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Narthoniel said:
I found a hidden bank this week and stopped inside. They told me that they get halves on a regular basis from one of their customers - McDonalds. Wound up with 4 rolls, giving me a few silver. I think 4 40% and one 90%. They thanked me for taking them, and said to stop in regularly. :)

Sweet :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread