crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been reading the posts here for some time and thought today would be a good day to start. I went to my local bank and got 2 boxes of pennies. Here's what I found:

1-1917
1-1918
1-1938
2-1940
2-1941
1-1941D
1-1942D
1-1944
2-1945
4-1946
1-1950
1-1951S
2-1951D
2-1953D
1-1954D
2-1955
1-1956
1-1956
1-1957D
1-1958

Canadian Coins
1-1941
1-1955
1-1961
1-1964
2-1965
1-1972
and 1 that has a picture of a bird and has the date 1867-1967

I guess I didn't do too bad. I kept all of the 1960's memorials. I must have found 200 plus 60's and some 59's as well. What else should I be looking for. Should I be keeping everything from 1982 back??
Thanks for you input. Ron. PS. The teller told me that she had 156 halves before xmas but got rid of them . She said she had some commemorative's though

Upvote 0

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
Re: Noob at coin riolling tries his luck on 2 boxes of pennies

nice finds on your first box. i've been doing alot of lurking in this forum and am thinking of starting with pennies also. now you have just sparked some more interest.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Noob at coin riolling tries his luck on 2 boxes of pennies

DEMERSON said:
nice finds on your first box. i've been doing alot of lurking in this forum and am thinking of starting with pennies also. now you have just sparked some more interest.

Had my wife help. Took about 3-4 hours but was fun. I'll try the dimes next :icon_sunny:

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on some good finds i love pulling pre 1940 wheats :D i believe the bird is Canada's centennial coin like our bicentennial quarters and halves. Best of luck on future boxes HH

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coltdavis said:
congrats on some good finds i love pulling pre 1940 wheats :D i believe the bird is Canada's centennial coin like our bicentennial quarters and halves. Best of luck on future boxes HH

Thanks CD

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mistergee said:
didn't think you were ever going to give it a try....those are some good finds for a penny box.... :thumbsup:
She said she had some commemorative's though
what are you waiting for :icon_scratch:

Well, it's actually my bank. They haven't been too good to me after I got p%$#@# off last year and told the head teller a few choice words. I didn't want to face her as I know she is not fond of me. I've been a good customer at this bank for 15 years. So why do i get treated like some nobody?? I walked in today and guess who was there? I said, "do you have 2 boxes of pennies"? Of course she said no. So I looked like I didn't believe her and said reluctantly, OK. As I was walking towards the door shesaid, Wait. I think i might. She went to the vault and came out with 2 boxes. We'll see where this goes. My son has an account at a different bank, so I could go there if need be.

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
Without me racking my brain trying to do the math . what's the cost of a box of pennies. ???

S

seger98

Well it's about time Ron, ya got out of the house & did something! LOL :tongue3:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seger98 said:
Well it's about time Ron, ya got out of the house & did something! LOL :tongue3:

I'm going sun no matter what. The ice we got with the rain has kept the ground soft enough to dig....... a good insulator. I've got to get out of this "Cabin" ;D Cabin fever is setting in ;D

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
crazyjarhead said:
seger98 said:

I'm going sun no matter what. The ice we got with the rain has kept the ground soft enough to dig....... a good insulator. I've got to get out of this "Cabin" ;D Cabin fever is setting in ;D
Thats a lot of wheaties there. Here in michigan i find the best cure for cabin fever, when ya can't get out to dig, is to step up the CRH'in, helps ease the cravings....alas, we've got 10 inches of white stuff here, with frozen ground.

HH, AMC

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad I'm just 200 miles from it ;D 300 from Chicago. What a difference a few hundred miles can make. I'm going to try some dimes next dime. Thanks AMC

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations on all of the wheats,especially the ones from the teens!

If you want to keep the cooper cents, then save 1981 and earlier.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job bud, glad you gave it a try!!! Now hit some dimes, but first go get the halfs from the bank!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, she said she had 100 plus before xmas but sent them away :(. I'll try to get on her better side since I've been banking there 13 years :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mistergee said:
just be a nice guy and don't cuss anyone out......please and thank you go a long way....a dozen donuts won't hurt either :thumbsup:

She deserved it for treating me, a longtime customer with a considerable lifetime savings and always being nice to everyone else. I told her boss she has caused problems with my wife as well as other people. Just because she has been there a long time doesn't entitle her to think that she is the branch manager. She has a little bit of an attitude problem. And thanks for your reply MG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread