Question: Name of Banks

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Darth Walker said:
Can we say here name of banks. I read the posts and all say just the bank or banks but I have not see any names. Is it against the forum rules ?
Once you spend some time working out a system and get "your" banks you won't want everyone else to know them either. HH Mark

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel free to share whatever information you wish in that regard, but don't expect everyone else to do the same. :)

I keep certain places to myself, but I'll say my dump bank is a national chain that has a lot of branches thoughout the twin cities..... :)

Also the other thing to consider is security. Some of us walk around with a fairly large amount of cash at times and really would rather not inform people that we don't know or trust on an anonymous board in cyber space of our comings and goings.

Saying things like, "I pick up at bank XYZ at 11 AM on tuesdays", seem like easy ways for less desirable characters to find you and there have been reports on other treasure hunting boards of people getting stuff stolen so I try to give out very little actual info on who I am, where I am, or where I am going to anyone I don't trust. And I definitely try to avoid posting it where people can read it anonymously.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yeah you will find that most of us are open with our finds and are more than generous with any info that you might need on the hobbie but some things such as banks and locations we try to keep private. Most of us don't want too much competition in our areas and especially not at the very branches where we do business. You will notice that some of us who live in close proximity will ask questions as to where the other might do most of their hunting and that is to not step on eachothers toes and to get a feal as to what areas have already been searched. I know me and Narthoniel a.k.a Anthony have had these types of colaberations. But again even in those types of circumstances we don't give exact locations. So I guess this should be rule number 15 of Coin Roll Hunting.

-Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread