Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today i decided that a buddy and i would go on a little road trip to a city about 15 miles away and it turned out alright for the both of us. He collects paper money and picked up some old star notes today. I started the hunt by stopping at a bank and picking up $30 in rolled halves from bank 1 they contained no silver so off to the next bank who surprisingly had $230 in halves got em all and searched in the car....didnt even notice the initials on each roll at first so anyways they were all skunk. I then stopped at a bank and picked up the $270 they had. $250 into the search i was about to just give up lol then on the second to last roll out pops a 68 :D and on the final roll 2 more 40% a 67 and 69(these 2 rolls were a different style then all the others) ill take it much better then a total skunk day :D so were leaving town and i decide to stop and pick up a box of nickels and dimes, this was at like 4:57 and the teller told me she only had $200 in dimes up front so i was fine with that and took it. The dimes were skunk but had some luck with the nickels :D

Keepers

Halves= 67' 68' 69' This is actually my first time searching a decent amount of halves i usually just pick up the loose and very far and between rolls i find at my local bank

Nickels= 2 War Nickels :D i love these things a 1943-P and 1943-S, and 29 other pre 1960's

Dimes=Skunk!!!!!

Attachments

• 1-15-09.jpg
    1-15-09.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used