Todays Road Trip

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Road Trip

I went on a short afternoon road trip today and it was the best one so far. I havent been posting my road trip results as of yet....one reason I figured I'd get the hang of it , and the handle on keeping records , plus the results before today were terrible. I see alot on here had excellent results at times and maybe alot dont post the bad days near as much as the good. Before today in the last month I checked about 75 banks with 12 40% and 3 90% including 1 franklin. Today started off:
Bank 1: 2.00 loose/none
Bank 2: 23 Rolls/19.00 Loose. There were 2 male tellers in there late 20's. I asked if they had 1/2 dollars. One says he had 9.00. Ok I'll take them please......and the other...he has 10.00...I'll take those too thank you. Do you have any rolls? Oh.....eh...er...aaaaa...yes we do , how many would you like? I'll take as many as you have. We have 23 rolls . Ok I'll take em. So the one teller starts fumbling around...I look and he is date checking each individual 1/2 dollar. :BangHead: So I ask is there a problem? Er...no so now he continues but at a faster rate. Next he starts fumbling with the rolls , starts to open one and i ask what are you doing? Oh the wrapper has a crack in it........... so I have a bag and say not to worry about it im sure they will be ok in the bag :violent1: I figure somethings up, maybe my persistance finally is gonna pay off there must be something here the way there acting. I get to the car and start .....46 40%ers and 1 90%. FINALLY :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bank 3: 5 Rolls/6.00 Loose....1 40%
Bank 4: 0
Bank5: Ask the teller do you have any halves? Er...ah...oh....hhhmmm...I have 3.50 ....Ok I'll take them please ..Thank you. Do you have any rolls? Hhhmmm...errr.ooohhhh. aaahhh.. yes we have 1000.00 in the vault. :blob1: Ok.. I'll take those too please.. I'm thinking today might be a day like so many write about on here. So I'm waiting...and waiting....she finally comes with 7 rolls , and says the girl with the key to get to them isnt here today. Funny when I looked in the direction she wandered off to I seen 6 tellers huddled. :lurk: I'm thinking they wanna go thru them or saving them for someone so I'm out ok luck. 7 rolls /3.50 loose netted 1 40%
Bank 6: 9.00 Loose....1 40%
Bank 7: 1.50 loose /none
Bank 8: 1.50 loose/none
Bank 9: 17.00 loose/none
Bank 10 7.00 loose/none
Bank 11 5.00 loose/none
Bank 12 Ask for halves.....er...oh...gee....ahhh. I have 4.00....I'll take em thank you....Do any of the other tellers have any? Do you have any rolls? So he checks with all the tellers except the one at the drive thru.....None. The teller at the drive thru finished up with her customer and I ask if she has any....OH YES !!!! I have 70 rolls .............and goes under the counter by the teller where I was standing and got them out....I see there in brinks wrappers and so excited. Have them put em in my sack and leave. By now Its getting late so i figure I'll do as many more banks as I can before they close and save them for tonight.
Bank 13: 0
Bank 14: 0
Bank 15: 2.00 loose/none.
I get home anxious to tear into the bag and when I dump them I see someone opened each roll....looks like someone elses dumps. Unbelieveable how they fuss to get that end opened and get them back in and try to hide it. Oh well ...still turned out to be my best day so far with 49 40% & 1 90% out of 1129.00 worth searched.

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Re: Today's Road Trip

Wow, you did well. I wish I could find that many halves on my road trips! Way to go!

S

seger98

That's alot of work, congratulations on your finds! :thumbsup:

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505

50 silver coins out of $1100.00 I'll take that any day. Congrats :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good trip :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

I have had some fishy situations like that as well. Do they think we are stupid?

-Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions