treasury interest notes........ off topic

acute collector

Mar 26, 2007
wisconsin
Hey .... I was thinking... and it felt kinda good ... so I did it again thinking about a way to fix the Economy...

I remembered that the treasury had at one time printed notes that were bearing interest. I don't remeber many of the details.... but is this an answer to the Money problem or is it a band-aid? it must of been in the early times

also on the same thought ... I know ... I should stop while I am ahead...

back in the war days..... when we had deficit spending ... alot of it!...... we were paying the workers in $2 bills that had a different colored ink or stamp(RED).... is this a way to show that it is deficit"Obama" money.... maybe after 100 days it expires if it isn't returned to the treasury ......

how about interest free loans to all war Vets 30-100% disabled?

your thoughts?

Any one else with some bright Ideas?

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i don't know if it would work or not, but if they did print some more of those red sealed notes i would get some just to put up and i would think alot of collectors would. if that happens the government would be free and clear on profit because the notes would never be redeemed. i had another idea. instead of giving billions to the banks and auto companies, the government should give everyone who filed a tax return last year 10,000.00. that way everyone would have money to spend, people would buy cars, homes, etc. just a thought.

hellsbells

Jan 1, 2009
my mind
i think congress should take their power of being able to print money and dismantle the federal reserve....but what would happen to our wonderful CRHing hobby ??? ??? ??? ???

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
the government should give everyone who filed a tax return last year 10,000.00.

I agree totally with that statement. However it should come on a prepaid credit card that is only able to be used on certain items. And not in cash or else some of it would be spend on drugs, alcohol, hookers, and all that good stuff.

-Codes

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Imagine if they backed the money with PM we would be out of a hobby.Then again maybe we would be searching for clad.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I think another way to stimulate the economy although the demis would never allow it.... Our stock market has crashed and I have lost quite a sum of money...as I'm sure some of you may have. Why not eliminate the cap for claiming capital losses? It would be an instant tax rebate. For those who don't know, any capital gains are taxed (from 1 to XXX amount) but for capital losses you can only deduct 3000 per year...if you have more it rolls over into future years. Just a thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread