New to CHR How much do each of the boxes cost? Need advice also!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I am very new to this coin roll hunting hobby. i have asked my buddy about this a lot and he seems to not have any problems with it. How do I get a box of halve dollars and how much are they? Also I am wondering is there a quicker way to roll up the coins!? It will take me almost 2 hours to roll up $25 worth of pennies. ;D I am really interested in wheats, silver coins, and anything below 1960.

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Halves are $500 a box. I have to re-roll my boxes also. With pennies, I use a plastic coin sorter. It is non-mechanized as they tend to jam and break. It took me a half hour to re-roll a box of pennies.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Boxes of half dollars are 500 dollars. I think dimes are 250 and I am not sure on the rest. Welcome to the hobbie.

-Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cost for boxes:

halfs - $500
quarters - $500
dimes - $250
nickels - $100
pennies - $25

:thumbsup:

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Welcome to your new obsession...it's nice to see the same questions that I once wondered not so long ago. Good luck and happy hunting!

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I have no driver's license, so I haven't been able to do much coin roll hunting in the few months I have been on this site. I haven't searched a box of halves yet but the first pennies I got I rolled back up and took back to the bank. This took most of my time. I live in a small town with three banks, and none of the banks have a coin counting machine. Fifteen minutes from my house there is a main bank branch in a bigger town. They have a coin counter and it is well worth the trip to dump coins there and it's free. I'd say do a thourough search for a coin counter and save yourself the trouble of rolling all of the coins back up. : )
alright,
later,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread