Todays Road trip Not so Hot

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Well John Lennon sang instant Karma is going to get you...well it did me today. I called up a local bank that is notorious for asking if you have an account with them. I always said "no" and I ask how much it is to set up an account. Would yall believe they want 100 dollars to open up an account and a minimum of 300 dollars kept in the account to keep from getting charged. They don't even offer a young savers account. So needless to say I don't open a CRHing account with them. Today I finally just said "YES I have an account" I had to endure some quizzing when I got to the teller but she finally relinquished the halves. 340 dollars all skunk. It did not pay to lie. I think I will just stay away from that branch from now on. I hit a few other banks around the local area and walked away with one 1966 40%er and 30 clad s mints. Oh well 5 boxes coming later this week.

-Golden Silver

Upvote 0

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
Sorry about the bad day. My day turned out good. Got 23 40%Er's out of 170.00 spent.
I had 12 boxes ordered for Thursday however the bank advised me today only 4 were coming.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Hey that sucks about your boxes TO. I would be pissed if I ordered 12 and only 4 came in.

-Golden SIlver

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i am going to try these road trip things a few more times, if i don't get at least enough to cover gas i think i am just going to stick to my boxes that i get each week. less hassle and more silver

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
I think road trips produce the cache , boxes produce lots also but not like grandma's cache.
What do you feel Golden Silver?

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Next time they do that open a "free" checking account :)
This way you will not have to have more then like $50 or $60 bucks in it and you can pull money out right away. They even offer them that you do not have to order any checks.
I did that last week and was able to get the half dollars plus I was able to score a 2008 silver dollar for $1.
Good luck my friend :)
Dan

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
TO,

In my experience you are right the biggest score is on the road. You stand the chance to find Grandpa's old collection that has just been turned in. Or like mistergee who found rolls of uncirculated Bens that had probably been in the vault since 63. Who knows. I think it was mistergee. Boxes can give you a big score as Tx tim can attest to. I have not hit that big score yet in a box but I am hopeful. Road trips can be hit or miss but if you plan well and put in the time you almost always fare better than in a box. Boxes are good for steady silver. That is ofcourse until your silver dries up from that box source. God forbid that happens because then you are limmited to skunk boxes with an occassional 40%er or two and what you find in your road trips.

-Golden Silver

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a teller asks "Do you have an account?" Most of time they are aware of silver and someone inside the bank is searching for silver. sometime the bank is way too small. Anyway I will skip the hassle.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Or like mistergee who found rolls of uncirculated Bens that had probably been in the vault since 63. Who knows. I think it was mistergee.
yep ...it was me
i like the road trip thing but there are times when the pickins are real slim(like now) and i wish i had ordered a box or 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread