Did I find something?

stumpy041486

Jan 27, 2009
I went to several banks today and got all the HD they had. Only added up to about $30 in loose. I missed $70 in rolls by one day. I did not find any silver though. I have been checking the front and back of my coins for the error that I have heard mentioned about the state quarters. I found a 1980 P HD and the back is turned 90 degrees compared to the front. Anybody ever seen this, is it rare, worth anything? This is only my 2nd day of CRH, but I am addicted already. I just wish I could find more coins.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure about the quarter errors, although if ya want to get more coin, just walk into the bank and ask. May take awhile to get over the odd feeling of entering a bank you don't have an account with....when I first started over a year ago I had no problem....now I'm just a little gun shy, not sure why!

S

seger98

Yeah that is an error, I have only found one that was like that & I accidentally sent it back into circulation! :-\

OP
OP
S

stumpy041486

Jan 27, 2009
I went back and looked it up. I believe what I have is called rotated reverse maybe? It is a 1980 P and rotated to the right 90 degrees. Instead of the eagle pointing straight up when you turn it over, it is at 3:00. I searched ebay and did not find any on there. I have been in about 15 banks the past 2 days and I have found about $100 worth of HD.

S

seger98

Yup, that's what they are called, hang on to it! good keeper there!

OP
OP
S

stumpy041486

Jan 27, 2009
Ive got another question. Ive been reading about people being able to hear the difference between silver and clad. I found one silver yesterday and have been trying to notice the difference, but I can't tell the difference. I did this with this rotated reverse, and it makes very little sound. It is alot quieter than clad or the one silver I have. Why is that? Its like it is made out of a different kind of metal or something. Anybody ever seen this before? Is it counterfeit?

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
It's a magician's coin and comes apart. Look at the back closely and you'll see a slight crack just inside the outer edge.
Put it in a glass in the freezer for a while. Take it out and shake in the glass - it should come apart. You'll find a British penny or Mexican 20 centavos inside. You may find one that has a quarter that has a dime inside of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scotch-and-Soda...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread