Gratuities,Tips, Greasing the Wheel, Etc

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you take care of those special tellers, branch managers who are working for you? You know the ones, they hold the silver for you, waive fee, and let you dump ungodly amounts every week.

I mean come on, you give the bartender a tip everytime he/she takes money from you, shouldn't you tip the person who helping collect free money?

Every thing in life is about building a relationship, if you can get them on you side. you will profit in the end.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Christmas I gave all of my girls some candy boxes for putting up with me. ;D

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Piercesdad said:
Do you take care of those special tellers, branch managers who are working for you? You know the ones, they hold the silver for you, waive fee, and let you dump ungodly amounts every week.

I mean come on, you give the bartender a tip everytime he/she takes money from you, shouldn't you tip the person who helping collect free money?

Every thing in life is about building a relationship, if you can get them on you side. you will profit in the end.
Not sure what ya mean as "collecting free money", lol, when gas was up over $4 a gallon last year, it was probably cheaper to buy silver at 10 x face (for me at least).
I buy 'em donuts or give out gift certificates, which at times eats up any profit I've made for a week or two....but this is only a hobby for me anyhow, same with metal detecting, as I've got thousands wrapped up in that hobby, ha! FFD

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, no tellers save anything for me or waive any fees. So a smile and a thank you for doing their jobs is what they get.

-Codes

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I go to so many banks in different towns it is tough to establish a relationship. I am going to make an effort though. I did have a guy at my dump bank who would look out for me and I hooked him up with a half dollar for his birther year.

-Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread