Ever Run into another CRHer ?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I always hear from the different tellers that they just sold their halves to someone, which may or may not be true.
A month ago a teller at one of my dump banks told me that this mysterious someone had bought my dumps and had left a calling card.
Last week as I was dumping, the mystery man appeared and I overheard him asking a teller for halves. She pointed out the halves I was dumping and he left the bank before I had the chance to talk to him.
Too bad as I was going to give him some great tips where he could find some great silver-my other dump banks :wink:. Just kidding. I would have liked to have met him though.

Upvote 0

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've run into two others since I started this addiction last June. First guy just looked at me and grinned as he raced out the door with a bag full of halves, the other I talked to as he sorted through the loose halves he just beat me out of as he was ahead of me in line. Miserable buggers! I've seen others calling cards as I've been to banks and bought boxes of fed rolls that had the crimped ends. Now I make sure the ends aren't crimped before I purchase boxes. I tell the teller the boxes have been tampered with and I won't take them.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. I was walking into a bank to get some halves and I saw this old guy standing there showing all the tellers what he had found. I knew right at that second that would be my dump bank. Also, I bought $300 in Brinks rolls only to find out that one end was re-crimped. I suspect it was the same guy. So I took those halves that I bought, re-rolled them in different wrappers and sent them back to my dump bank (his pickup bank). Hope he enjoys searching his dumps!

-Codes

P.S. If you think you are the person I'm talking about, PM me and we can work something out....unless you enjoy searching your dumps.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Only once about a year ago. I was dumping and he was picking up hand rolls. He even used the term "dump bank" when I walked up with my dumps. He didn't stick around to talk and I have not seen him since.

HH
65GT350

trezurhunter

Dec 18, 2008
Volusia county, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't run into another CRHer but today I bought $360 from a bank and I asked the teller if she had any more. She said yes. Then I asked her if they ordered boxes of halves. She said, Oh we don't need to order any halves because we have some good customers who keep us well supplied with them. I knew I had just bought $360 in dumps. :crybaby2: I now have a new dump bank also.

The Trezurhunter.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Possibly. Just last week the guy in line right in front of me at one of my banks asked for a roll of half dollars. Only asked for a roll though. The teller said she didn't have a roll but could put a roll together from her loose coin. As she was counting the $10 out and putting it into a paper roll, I heard the distinctive sound of 90% silver coins being counted and rolled. The roll wasn't all silver but more than one coin was silver. I have no idea what they were (64s, bens, franklins, etc.). The guy made no expression and just put the roll in his coat pocket. I was next in line and asked if she had any more halves by chance, and she had $3.50 worth...all clad. So I missed some silver by about 3 minutes. It was just really odd that the guy didn't ask to take the rest of her halves if he heard the silver in the roll. Next day though I went to the same bank, different teller, and she had a roll with 4 40%ers in it.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
trezurhunter said:
I haven't run into another CRHer but today I bought $360 from a bank and I asked the teller if she had any more. She said yes. Then I asked her if they ordered boxes of halves. She said, Oh we don't need to order any halves because we have some good customers who keep us well supplied with them. I knew I had just bought $360 in dumps. :crybaby2: I now have a new dump bank also.

The Trezurhunter.

TH,

You might be surprised with your $360. Most dumpers don't pickup from the dump bank and true customer returns get mixed in. I just picked up a few rolls from someones dump bank (Brinks rolls folded over) and mixed in with the rolls were a few $20 rolls that contained some silver.

HH
65GT350

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes at a metal detector club meeting...actually a couple of them there.

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
I have never ran into another CRHer but I know a lot go to the bank I go to.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, just yesterday met my first one face-to-face. I was cashing in 2 boxes of halves the other guy just walked in. When he said my two boxes and he stopped me at the door. He is not so creepy that I waited for him to pick up the loose ones. We told each other's dump banks and made an agreement to deposit dumps by $500 incrument so we know what is dump. We even exchange phone number so we can go to some silver show. The good is that we worked out something. The bad is that we each has a real competition.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i ran into one last week. he was dumping halves in front of me. he asked me how often i search and i talked to him awhile. he was trying to quiz me and see how much i knew. he asked me if i ever found a 1970, and asked me about my silver finds and where i get boxes from. he played his cards real close to the chest he did not want to talk too much about anything. i think it is a shame...i think we could really help each other...oh well

theeteetotaler

Jan 6, 2008
65gt350 said:
Only once about a year ago. I was dumping and he was picking up hand rolls. He even used the term "dump bank" when I walked up with my dumps. He didn't stick around to talk and I have not seen him since.

HH
65GT350

hey GT

I think that was me, and as a matter of fact i figured you were on this board. If you don't believe me it was at a W____ F____ in F_____t, and i showed you my small loot for the day. I've ran into two other searchers in the east bay. One of which I've run into on several occasions.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
theeteetotaler said:
65gt350 said:

HH
65GT350

hey GT

I think that was me, and as a matter of fact i figured you were on this board. If you don't believe me it was at a W____ F____ in F_____t, and i showed you my small loot for the day. I've ran into two other searchers in the east bay. One of which I've run into on several occasions.

Now I might have met two CRH'ers. Are you sure it was F______t and not U____ City?

65GT350

theeteetotaler

Jan 6, 2008
oh yeah, you're right. U-C. I don't venture down that way too often, the other hunter i ran into was in O____d and B_____y.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions