Possible dumper in my area

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've been lucky that the general area around me is fairly free of other CRHers. While on my mini road trip a couple weeks ago I stopped at a bank that let's me buy their machine bags when its full. It normally takes about 1 - 1 1/2 years to get a full bag after I buy it. They had just under $200 when I checked. I went in today to dump $500 in dimes (I found 1 1964-D in the bag) and the head teller says the half dollar bag is full and do I want it. She said the bag was filled not long after I was there and the new bag has about $200 in it already. That's about $500 so probably a dump. Lucky for me this person didn't use GMan's technique of buying the bag when it filled up. I found:

1 - 64-D
1 - 66
5 - 67
2 - 68-D
1 - 69-D
1 - Car Wash Token

The teller took my name and number so she can call me when the bag fills up. I hope it takes a while. If someone is using one of my buy banks to dump it things could start going down hill for me.

Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
cool! Nice job! I have a drop off bank to and they do not care about how much I drop off as long as I roll them up and I am there customer! :)

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Nice score Fropa , yeah I hear ya about another crher showing up could really screw you up. I am in the same type of situation with a few banks spread out a hour in each direction. Well the other day I called the banks in town no rolls at all expect for one bank that had 2 so on my way back from picking up some boxes I stopped by that bank to grab the rolls. The teller says " oh that is too bad we just shipped out a bag last week " so I asked her how she got those halves if it was from one person or not . She said "yes one guy brings them in he picks through them looking for stuff".

He has been cleaning the rolls around town but no boxes yet ...if he starts to be more of a pain I will have to litter the banks with my dumps instead of sending them out in bags .

Anyways Fropa best of luck and I hope things turn out for the best , Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread