$8 IN LOOSE HALFS - FOLLOWUP VISIT ADDED - $630 SEARCHED NOW

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
While buying my hand rolled cents today I saw and purchased $8 in loose halfs.
One 40% 1967, couple bicentennials and the rest early 1970s. siegfried schlagrule

The vault queen was not there when I bought these coins. I had to make a deposit Saturday and again noticed loose halfs and asked for them. She came charging up and said that she didn't have time to give out coins and get them back. I told her
that I never take any coins back to the bank i get them from and had never deposited coins in her bank. She says that she has some rolls in the vault if i want them but then said she didn't ever want them back in her branch or any other branch of her bank. I said not a problem i'll take them all. She had $620 in hand wrapped rolls - some taped and falling apart and eleven were the large double rolls folks have been talking about. The big rolls were skunks and all of the old rolls were skunks. The bank brand rolls that they give their customers yielded another eight 40% and no 90%. There were no 1970d coins. Final results were $630 searched and nine 40% found. Very few coins since 2000. I have another three banks and a credit union in that town and I have accounts in two of them in other towns branches. One of them is my dump bank though in a different town. siegfried schlagrule

Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: $8 IN LOOSE HALFS

One 40% half dollar out of $8 in halves is pretty awesome if I do say so myself! :)

S

seger98

One 40%er is better than nothing!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Siegfried Schlagrule said:
While buying my hand rolled cents today I saw and purchased $8 in loose halfs.
One 40% 1967, couple bicentennials and the rest early 1970s. siegfried schlagrule

You are one ahead of me for the day and I've searched $1500.

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

I'm just coming back off a two month layoff so although I have accumulated funds to buy boxes my spotty income requires that I only buy hand wrapped rolls for awhile. When i start getting 40 hour paychecks regularly again I'll jump in with all of my reserve cash. siegfried schlagrule

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009

There is a small community bankon the 1st floor of the office bldg. where I work. They save 1/2s for me, Yesterday, I popped in and bought 12 $ worth loose. The last one they sold me was an uncirculated 1964. It was gorgeous!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

hard to get um loose is what i have found...most tellers get um for themselves....in my area anyway...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread