Im thinking about CRH in Canada

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

It is worth a shot. I would just use a magnet. Have you found a bank up there that has coin counters?

I would think halves would be the most profitable.

HH
65GT350

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dumping would be a main concern? How far are you from the border? next time I am there I am doing it. But be sure to ask the banks how they like to accept the reutrns!

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250

worth a try!!

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

I'm about 3 hours drive away. Halves would be good ,but I'm thinking more along the line of quarters and dimes because they have not changed much since 1952,and the dates are pretty small on the dimes.
It has been a long time since I've been there ,but I would imagine that the banks are just the same as ours,and have coin counters.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

Someone here said that canada silver halfs are larger than current halfs and would not fit in the same roll. There may be a few solid silver rolls if the tellers don't pay attention. that would limit you to dimes and quarters. siegfried schlagrule

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

I would give it a whirl ...as far as halves they are just slighty smaller than ours ..but I think that you guys have the right idea trying the quarters and dimes , halves are fairly hard to find in Canada. Dont forget the Loonies the dollar coins you can find them easily but the clad ones have huge mintages over the silver ones but if you can score some they worth around 9.00.

Sounds like a fun road trip , Ed

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

Hey if were finding silver dimes and quarters down here i would imagine you would do great up there. wonder why we have no posts from anyone up there or near the border here on Tnet.... :icon_scratch:
anyway good luck and keep us informed of your finds :thumbsup:

benthecoinguy

Jul 9, 2005

I'm a Canadian and there are a lot of collectors in Canada. Silver is hard to find in rolls, I know because I search a lot.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

i THINK BETH THE CANADIAN WANTS IT ALL FOR HIMSELF ANDIS TRYING TO DETER ANYONE FROM GETTING CANADIAN SILVER! LOL. i AM NOT BUYING IT. BUT I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I AM BUYING AND THAT IS CANADIAN SILVER. QUEBEC HERE I COME BIENVENUE. BON VOYAGE. BONJOUR OUI SIL VOUS PLAIT AND ALL THAT MESS. CANADA IS THE WILD WEST FOR SILVER. ITS FULL OF WHISKEY WOMEN GOLD AND SILVER BOYS! GO GET EM.

GOLDEN SILVER

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL

When GS gets back from SPAIN ,paid for in SILVER ,lets all go north!

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Agree with Golden Silver,

I am right now packing to go to Canada.

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread