Buying boxes

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You can ask them.

Or, buy a box and look at the rolls. Around here Brinks uses rolls that say Brinks. Garda uses CWI rolls (String and Sons wrappers).

The tellers should be able to answer your question.

Jim

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask the bank? :o I'm sure they would give you a weird look, but just tell them why. Would the truck company let you buy boxes right from them?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
HolyDiver said:
Ask the bank? :o I'm sure they would give you a weird look, but just tell them why. Would the truck company let you buy boxes right from them?

From what I understand, you have to have a Federal Reserve bank account to get coins from the courier services. I actually called once when I first started out and that is what they told me.

Someone on here once said they were allowed to buy halves from a courier company directly, but I don't know who or where that was.

Jim

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
even if you could buy boxes directly from an armored car service you need to think twice before you do that.......i mean the way things are today do you really want your neighbor's or their friends, associates, the local street thug, or anyone else see an armored car pull up to your drive way and unload?? you don't want to draw that kind of attention to yourself, even if you have a top knoch alarm system on your house. i don't even throw away the rappers and used boxes at home. don't want the trash men to see them and think about paying me a visit when i am not home, or worse paying you a visit when you are. stick with getting them from the bank.

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I think it would be awesome if you are actually talking about having an armored truck deliver them to your house. I don't know how to go about placing an order though. Maybe wear a trench coat and dark sunglasses and wait for them at your local bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread