unexpected finds

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
yesterday i had a little time to kill so i hit a few banks. i was mainly looking for dimes as i did not think the halfs would have showed up since the last time i checked a few weeks ago....anyway i hit one bank i have an account at and got $80 in dimes....just for the heck of it i asked for halfs which they never have there. you guessed it $12.50...skunks but i said oh well at least they're starting to filter back in...so i check the dimes
1-1960
1-1960D
i'm thinkin hmmm maybe this is gonna be a good day so i hit a few more banks for halfs .every one in the area had some but no keepers. picked up another $40 in dimes at another bank. all condoms.
1-1961
last bank is a friend of mine's wife...she is a silver hunter too but only checks what comes across her desk loose. i really was looking for dimes as she doesn't check these and out of habit asked her if any halfs came in. she says yes check the other tellers...one says i have $4.50...while i'm getting them my buddies wife says "i have 2 but they're silver and you can't have them" i laugh and say "oh well you beat me to it" "i'm not here to steal any of your finds" as the other teller hands them over she says "sounds like silver" but they weren't. then the other teller who is sitting right next to my buddies wife says"i have one" so as i'm talkin to my buddies wife i give her 50 cents and she hands it over. i didn't pay attention to it and put it in my pocket....BS'd for a little longer and left. when i got to the truck i pulled it out and it was a 1943 Walking Liberty.WOOHOO thank God my buddies wife never searches the other tellers stuff. don't know why and don't ask.this is the same bank i scored my first silver at....27 to be exact mostly Bens and some 90% Kens and a few 40%ers out of $101 ....she didn't even know he had them.
so for what i expected to be a slow day searching dimes turned out great. you never know.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread