road trip to a wealthy area

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
This week took a trip to area that I have been curious about for some time .... it is a very wealthy area . There were not very many rolls to been found with 12 banks within a couple of small towns .... so I took a detour to a one bank town along the way and picked up 800.00 worth there is was quite aways out of the way but I had to get enough rolls to make it worth my trip.

Anyways I went ahead and hit up the banks that I had called and manage to get 760.00 with 400.00 being CWI rolls . Not many rolls to be found due to the fact there are 3 coin counters in a really small area and Not one of them was willing to sell any bags >:( . Oh well the banks that did have just a few halves produced some had 3 keepers and the vvest roll had 5 .

I stopped to get some gas and beer while at the store I ran acrossed the road to a bank that 1 roll with 3 keepers in it... well while I was there the tellers asked me if I collected coins and I said yes ... then one of them started mentioning big silver dollars ( my heart beat started to speed up then ) it seemed to take for ever to find out if they still had the 9 silver dollars or not. While I was waiting I asked one of the ladies if she meant Ikes and she says no they are silver dollars ... no my heart is racing ... finally she just reaches over to the other tellers cabinet and pulls out a envelope and dumps the dollars on the desk and they were banging the crap out of each other as they fell ... i was thinking oh no... but then I saw the back of one of the coins f*cking Ikes :'( that was a bummer no Morgans or Peace dollars .

Oh well I had a nice trip long but good now I am waiting for all the local banks to reload with halves again.

Keepers 19 40%s
3 64s
1 S.B.A

Thanks for reading HH ,Ed btw I dont know what J.C. was looking for he marked a 64 and a 66 ??? anyways thanks J.C.

Attachments

• bar harbor 001.JPG
    bar harbor 001.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped to get some gas and beer while at the store

Man I wish I was in a state that allowed beer sales in gas stations! There is nothing like a cold barley soup while hunting.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate when everyone calls Ikes silver dollars. At least you got some silver out of the trip. :thumbsup:

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Nice score! :thumbsup:
It's a bummer when you are told old silver dollars and Ike's drop out.
I have heard this way to many times.

OP
OP
Scalper

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Thanks everyone for posting ... pondering were to go on another trip they get further and further ha..

Piercesdad said:
I stopped to get some gas and beer while at the store

Man I wish I was in a state that allowed beer sales in gas stations! There is nothing like a cold barley soup while hunting.

Yeah , it is easy to grab a few cold ones I usually just wait until I get home before I crack them .

coinmojo said:
J.C. Just called and he is Pissed.

He wants his silver back.

Mojo

Lmao , thats a good one Mojo .

HolyDiver said:
I hate when everyone calls Ikes silver dollars. At least you got some silver out of the trip. :thumbsup:

OmegaMan said:
Nice score! :thumbsup:
It's a bummer when you are told old silver dollars and Ike's drop out.
I have heard this way to many times.

Bank Runner said:
Congrats on the finds. Too bad about the "Silver dollars".

Thanks guys , I should have known but that teller insisted that they were not Ikes .... still if they were the real deal they prolly would have been long gone . It was a fun trip anyways and got some keepers my boxes have been slack lately with 1.5 keepers per box... take care and HH , Ed

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have had similar experiences with the "big dollar coins" or "silver dollars". I have asked "you mean the Ikes" and they say no, the real old ones. Then they bring out a bag of Ikes. I guess to a young teller 1972, etc is real old.

I have never scored a real silver dollar from a bank because I believe that most of the tellers know they are worth keeping. They might not catch on to a half being a keeper, but I am sure that most of them would know a Morgan or Peace dollar is something to hold on to.

I have had tellers from different banks tell me that an old person came in with a bunch of silver dollars and they told them to take them to a coin shop because they are worth more than a dollar. I kind of respect that they did that for a customer, assuming they are telling me the truth.

Jim

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

I think that JC was Jesus Christ wanting you to have the coins.

DW

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver!!! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Scalper

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
jim4silver said:
I have had similar experiences with the "big dollar coins" or "silver dollars". I have asked "you mean the Ikes" and they say no, the real old ones. Then they bring out a bag of Ikes. I guess to a young teller 1972, etc is real old.

I have never scored a real silver dollar from a bank because I believe that most of the tellers know they are worth keeping. They might not catch on to a half being a keeper, but I am sure that most of them would know a Morgan or Peace dollar is something to hold on to.

I have had tellers from different banks tell me that an old person came in with a bunch of silver dollars and they told them to take them to a coin shop because they are worth more than a dollar. I kind of respect that they did that for a customer, assuming they are telling me the truth.

Jim

Yeah I agree Jim, the only Morgan and Peace dollars I have scored are out of a bag of Ikes . Tellers who dont anything about coins would still grab a old dollar , the teller that I was dealing with after pouring out the Ikes said I have a really old silver dollar from my grandfather , I said to her it is probably a Morgan she says oh no it is really old , ha ??? , Ed

Darth Walker said:
Nice finds.

I think that JC was Jesus Christ wanting you to have the coins.

DW

You might be right DW I will take all the help that I can get , Ed :icon_sunny:

TreasureFiend said:
Nice silver!!! :icon_pirat:

Thanks TF ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread