Still rolling in the silver!

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Well in the area Chase was open, and I decided to go from Chase to Chase in downtown Indy to see what I could find. I searched a total 1737.50 in halves and the day was going ok at best at about 15 Chase banks. I found a Franklin early on while searching fed wrapped rolls but everything else was turning up very little. I was about 1100 into the search and I hit a bank that has $100 in halves and $100 in Ikes. By the way, I really hate Ikes. It is such an ugly coin. Anyways, I pick up the 100 in halves and get moving to the next bank. Driving and going through coins. Iā€™m focusing on the road while I dump out the roll, and instead of the traditional ā€˜clinkā€™ for the coin we got a ā€˜clack.ā€™ Look down, all silver!!!! I look for another roll just like itā€¦there are none. I continue to go through them, and find another completely silver roll!!! At each bank along the way I picked up dimes as well. Ended the day getting $40 in nickels as well. So far Iā€™ve been through all halves, $315 in dimes and no nickels.

Lessons learned from today: Search dumps, a $300 dump that the teller insisted there was no old stuff did produce 1 40%. I also removed eyes and replaced with a 64 kennedy and a 63 franklin. I figured I didnā€™t need them if I could hear the silver.

The take:

(1) Franklin ā€“ 1963-D
(7) 90%
(39) 40%
2 Silver dimes (46-D, 53-D)
A painted edge dime that I thought was silver in a tray!!!!

Here are some pics, enjoy. Wish me luck tomorrow, the box is in at the bank that produced 4 WL last week. These boxes have been there since last year, all ordered at the same timeā€¦

Ahh ugly pic, going to need to shave for drill next weekend. I'm blinded by silver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• SDC10148.JPG
    SDC10148.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 301
  • SDC10150.JPG
    SDC10150.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Nice job on the President's Day silver! And congrats on your full rolls!

There's nothing like the sweet sound of silver!

HH
cmhoose

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you can say, you have an "eye" for silver! ;D

Top Member Reactions