First run into the coin roll hobby,

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
I was reading alot of the threads yesterday and thought this hobby might be something I would be interested in. Well I took my first run to 4 banks and only one had anything. My own bank said they have "no option" to order halves. They took my name and said they would call tomorrow and see of they could make the order. I called other branches and there doesnt seem to be any issues ordering so I think it was just the branch.

The one bank that I got anything from was only 3 coins.

1 1976 Ike
2 halves 76 and 74.

So not that great for the amount of time to look but I will stay at it. I like the hunt. Looks like I will be joining a few more banks to get access to the banks.

Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I know you usually don't get hooked on this stuff until you start hitting and I did have a dip for a week or two when I got nothing...so I searched through dimes. They are my second favorite denomination to search through but I axed the idea when my wife gave me the ultimatum... 1 day a week to CRH (she is pregnant and the hobby is dirty so I abide by the rules...sort of)!!! I still do dimes on occasion, but if you don't have halves search dimes if you're looking for silver.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep keep at it!!!! And as stated above, when you can't get any halfs, grab a box or 2 of dimes to get your silver fix!!!! Good luck and I look forward to reading about your find!!! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
P

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
Well I got bored and called a couple banks near me. Most said "we dont have them" when asking for halves. I dont think they even knew but oh well. I finally got a bank to say "we have $30-40 worth. I told them to hold them and I drove right there. They had $30.50 of them. This is what I found:

1 - 1968 40%

Quiet a few were in the low 70's but 71 and up. Before I recycle all of them I am going to go through them again and look for any mistakes. I will be ordering 1-2 boxes tomorrow and they should be here before the weekend.

I will look into the dimes. Anyone from NYC that knows a good place to sell the coins? If anyone does could you let me know. Thanks.

OP
OP
P

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
I wont. I have a bunch of TD banks near me that have the free coin counters in the lobby. I dont even have to talk to anyone when turning in my coins.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and welcome to the addiction. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread