goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I went to the Indian Head bank, looking for more rolls from Monday's 250 wheat penny hoard. They said that they didn't have any more the the rolls I was looking for, but they had some similar ones, so I stayed on the safe side and bought the $10, plus $235 of the 1 K dimes. They were oooold rolls. I set the oldest looking ones for last. The new ones skunk, and the first of five rolls, as I thought, had wheats everywhere. The other three similar rolls had wheats too. The rolls where made up of solid copper, no later than 77. The wheats where mostly 40's and 50's, with a 35 D and some old Canadians. Then the very last one I knew would be special. It had "Pennies" written in hand, plus some scribbled out stuff (upon later inspection, it was the word "wheat" and "1940's"). Yup, all wheats, and more strangely, all from the 40's ??? . Therefore, there has to be a roll, or more, for the other decades. The four where different from the last, and all different from the Monday hoard. Oh yah, dimes gave a 47 D Roosie.

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_3494.JPG
    IMG_3494.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Nice shot of the back of those wheat pennies, now we are sure to believe that they are whet pennies? LOL

I'm just kidding. Last week I commented how we always show the backs of wheat pennies and not the dated side.....

Why do we do that? Do we just post pictures of the backs of Dimes, Nickles and Half Dolllars ?. We sure are a strange bunch.

Congratulations and thanks for posting the photo's.

Mojo

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions