begginers luck on halfs semi key date found?

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
well this day was long so i am going to try and shorten it up for you guys. i went to one bank filled up the rest of the half bag off their machine and bought it, 600$ skunk. went to my home bank did the same thing, 850$ skunk. i was very disappointed and thought i was going to get nothing today but then i decided to try one of my banks that is located in an intercity. filled up the half's bag and bought it. right off the bat something seamed very wrong. there was one dollar coins in the half's bag and dimes pennies nickles and quarters and a lot of them. i figured i was going to get shorted a lot of money, i will leave my finds till the end and keep going with the story. i picked through all of the half's and separated the dollar coins and the other denominations. i ended up with 100 dollar coins and another 130$ in other denominations. I new something was not right. i dumped the coins into the coin counter and after i got 1000$ total the machine jammed up and one of the guys that worked at the bank was all mad because he would not sell me the bags and i told him i bought half dollar bags off the other banks of the same line of banks. well after the machine was not fixed i took the extra money to the bank where i had bought my last bag of half's so i could tell them that something was wrong. they tried to figure out what had happened and noted that i had gotten an extra 230$ in the bag of half's that was only supposed to be 1000$ and it ended up having 1250$. they said they would call me about what had happened and said i would probably be able to keep the money because they cannot prove how much was missing, they also thanked me for my honestly. well anyways sorry for my poorly written story, i am not great at writing but hope that you were able to bare with me. so for the find i ended up with 20 40% 7 90% Kennedy's 2 Ben's and 7 walking liberties. the key date walker that i found was 1916 D in G condition, it has scratches, is worn down and is dented a little big. i saw that it was worth 50$ in G-4 condition in the red bock. the camera is screwed up right not and scanner is broken i will try to post pics later in the week. anyways these were my first bags and two days ago i got my first two boxes of half's which produced 9 40%, anyways give me any thoughts on what i found and the extra 200$ i pocketed, oh and i told my main bank i was getting them dunkin donuts :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Well this was a long day, so I am going to try and keep it short.

I went to one bank and filled up the rest of the Half bag in their machine and bought it, $600 skunk.

Went to my home bank did the same thing. $850 skunk. I was very disappointed and thought I was going to get nothing today but then I decided to try one of my banks that is located in the inner city.

I filled up the halves bag and bought it. Right off the bat something seemed very wrong. There were Dollar coins in the Halves bag with Dimes, Pennies, Nickles and Quarters, and lots of them. I figured I was going to get shorted a lot of money. (I will leave my finds till the end and keep going with the story.)

I picked through all of the Halves and separated the Dollar coins and the other denominations. I ended up with 100 dollar coins and another $130 in other denominations. I new something was not right.

At another Branch I dumped the coins into the coin counter and after It got to $1000 the machine jammed up and one of the guys that worked at the bank was upset. He would not sell me the bags and I told him I bought half dollar bags off of the other Branches of the same Bank.

Well after the machine could not be fixed I took the extra money to the bank where I bought my last bag of halves so I could tell them that something was wrong.

They tried to figure out what had happened and noted that I had gotten an extra $230 in the bag of halves that was only supposed to be $1000. It somehow ended up being $1250.

They said they would contact me about what had happened and said I would probably be able to keep the extra money because they cannot prove how much was missing. They also thanked me for being honest.

Well anyway. Sorry for my poorly written story. I am not great at writing but hope that you were able understand.

So for the day I ended up with (20) 40%'s (7) 90% Kennedy's (2) Ben's and (7) Walking Liberty's. The key date Walker that I found was a 1916 D in G condition. It has scratches, is worn down and is dented a little bit.

I saw that it was worth $50 in (G-4) condition in the Red Book. My camera is screwed up right now and my scanner is broken. I will try to post pics later in the week.

These were my first bags. Two days ago I got my first two boxes of halves, which produced (9) 40%'s.

Any thoughts on what I found and the extra $200 I pocketed......... Oh!.... I told my main bank I was getting them Dunkin Donut's :thumbsup:

B-5

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Congratulations on your finds. As usual, honesty is the best policy. Looks like you were rewarded handsomely for it and maybe future rewards will be forthcoming as well. Keep at it and good luck.

FL Junkman

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
OK B5

I cleaned it up a little.

It was hard to read at first so I took it and broke it up for you. It was like one long sentence.

Great score on the Silver, and the extra windfall certainly will pay for your time and gas. :thumbsup:

Congratulations.

Mojo

OP
OP
B

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
Naw they were local banks that are only in ct. Sifi banks and they were bags of the machine

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread