Quarter Bag Stats

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I went to the bank yesterday and bought a $500 bag of dimes and a $500 bag of quarters. I decided to do full stats on the quarter bag since its most everyone’s opinion that they are not worth the effort most of the time.

The split was 1,093 ($273.25) in pre statehood and 907 ($226.75) statehood.

I did pull 1 silver, a 1964.

I had at least one of each clad from 65-98 except for 1971 and 1977-D.

I found all the state quarters except for the Idaho-P, Oklahoma-P, New Mexico-P, Arizona-P, and Hawaii-P. 2007 and 2008 Philadelphia quarters have been extremely hard to find here in Wisconsin. Total “P” quarters for those years in the bag were 13. I was surprised to find a 2009 District of Columbia, my first 2009 coin for the year.

No errors (rotated dies or WI extra leafs) in the bag.

I don't know if this info will be of any interest to anyone, but since I spent about 7 hours sorting and entering the data into a spreadsheet I thought I'd share the numbers.

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Interesting report ! I've read about how difficult it is to obtain silver quarters from boxes/bags but have never read an actual report. Something I may try in the future.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
thanks for the info....i appreciate the work you put in on that one....looks like your stats prove what we already thought....quarters aren't worth it if your looking for silver

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks everybody. It did feel like allot of work by the time I was done. I finished the bag of dimes and found 2 64-Ds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread