Do you want to win at this game?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I have a budget I have to work with, I figured I had to devise a system to get the most silver for my money. I'm lucky to have severals bank in the area and I'm off work at 1pm. (Damn I hate bankers hours) Since I have only have Dunbar in my area I had to be creative. Here's what I have starting next week.

Monday pick up from supply bank A search Dump at bank 1 , 6 or 11

Tuesday pick up from supply bank B search Dump at bank 2, 7 or 12

Wednesday pick up from supply bank C search Dump at bank 3, 8 or 13

Thursday pick up from supply bank D search Dump at bank 4 , 9 or 14

Friday pick up from supply bank E search Dump at bank 5, 10 or 15

Saturday Roadtrip, counseling or Divorcecourt (just kidding) this is family time

Granted this does require the use of 20 banks, but this way my dump banks only see me once every 3 weeks and only get 2 boxes plus any hand rolls I find. I also don't have one supply bank ordering a massive amount of boxes every week.

One other thing I have done is, I have printed numbered business cards and distrubuted (let's be honest, I've littered the county, over 100 banks) them in banks. I number the business cards so whenever I drop one off I write down its location and teller on my chart. Then when a teller calls me and says she has some coins for me I ask her what number is on her card and I now exactly where my silver is. You have to keep a chart! You keep records of your MD sites don't you?

Here are the keys to the bus. cards.

I usually try to find out who the vault key holder is. they are the person you want to give the card to. In my experience, tellers sell "funny money" to vault to get it out of their tray. She will have the most Silver.

When you get a call from a teller make every effort to go get the silver ASAP. She has made the effort save some silver for you, go take it off her hands. She also may have call a couple people and is going to give them to the first person who gets here. That leads me to the next point...

When you get there, quietly, make a big deal about it. Make sure the other tellers, not the customers, know you appreciate what she did for you. Then give the other tellers one of you cards. (make sure to write the numbers in your chart)

You want the tellers to be an advocate for you. If a teller is looking at a list of names of people who are looking for coins and you have this nice looking business card, you stand out from the creepy looking guy who scribbled his number on a scrap piece of paper. She will remember you and hopefully call you first.

Hope this helps you all pull some more silver away from some of the banks.

Oh yeah can you tell I've spent over half my career in sales?

Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice system!

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
frickin nice, still trying to work out a system for me but as with most things at least in the military copying a system can be a good thing!!! May borrow it.

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May borrow it.

As long as I don't start seeing your cards in my banks :wink:

Gotta go just go a call from a teller! No kidding!! She says she has $35 dollars of older halves. I'll let y'all know i about an hour or so

UPDATE $7 in silver out of $35. gave her a ghirradelli chocolate bar. she'll remember me!

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name, Phone, Collector of "Funny Money"
Large Dollars, Half Dollar and any Unusual coins or older Bills

Remember even if they don't have what you want buy it. give them a small reward Mine are less than $3. move along. it will pay off in the long run.

I have a teller I bowl with and the hate unusual money...all the stuff we love. the call it "funny money" Use their words, become their freinds. You get more bees with hone than vinegar.

Off to another bank...

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
a salesman...that explains it....i wish i was that thought out...usually i just wing it but i can see being organized has its advantages...i'm just too lazy to put that much effort into :tard:

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually i just wing it

I also subscribe to the theory that spmetimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time and you will be rewarded with oh I don't know maybe 16 rolls of uncirculated 1963 Benjis.

(yes I try to remember details also)

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I also subscribe to the theory that spmetimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time and you will be rewarded with oh I don't know maybe 16 rolls of uncirculated 1963 Benjis.

(yes I try to remember details also)
;D

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Piercesdad said:
Name, Phone, Collector of "Funny Money"
Large Dollars, Half Dollar and any Unusual coins or older Bills

Remember even if they don't have what you want buy it. give them a small reward Mine are less than $3. move along. it will pay off in the long run.

I have a teller I bowl with and the hate unusual money...all the stuff we love. the call it "funny money" Use their words, become their freinds. You get more bees with hone than vinegar.

Off to another bank...

I think this is a GREAT idea! I may get some cards made or make some myself. May I ask how long have you been handing out the cards and approximately how many calls have you received from the tellers? I know not every pick up of coins will contain silver,but it's worth giving it a try! :) Do you keep a supply of candy bars at home or do you pick something up on the way to the bank. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions